Description Job Description:
The Senior Software Engineer/Developer will work with a multi-faceted team building unique solutions using Service Now. Individual will prototype, design, develop and integrate solutions to hard problems. The individual needs to know all aspects of the software engineering life cycle including scope and work estimation, design, documentation, implementation, testing and integration. They will be working on implementing new technologies into the customer space. Senior Software Engineer/Developer will be responsible for core system configuration. Gathering and documenting user and process requirements, functional requirements, and developing technical requirements. Developing workflow customizations, and supporting other functional teams. Ideal candidate must be; self-motivated organized, analytical, adept at working in a team environment, able to implement on time to a project schedule, and able to handle multiple priorities in and comfortable in a technical organization with a dynamic customer environment.
The Senior Software Engineer/Developer will:
- Interact with other developers, architects, and technical team leads to rapidly learn a complex operational system, its subsystems, and components to positively contribute to development;
- Determine and communicate system requirements and capabilities in furtherance of the customer's mission;
- Design, develop and document modular, readable, and maintainable solutions to hard problems;
- Champion and implement advanced software development practices;
- Recommend and lead changes to development and systems integration that will increase efficiency and development effectiveness.
- Configuration/Customization of the Service Now system, including creating workflows
- Build service requests from customer requirements including requests, request items and tasks using workflows -to manage data flows from the customer to the support teams providing the service
- Uses scripting tools and Service Now functionality create script to automate tasks being done in Service Now.
- Performs integrations and process automation using Service Now Orchestration.
- Load, manipulate and maintain data between Service-now and other systems.
- Thorough understanding of ITIL/ITSM processes
- Performs system and integration testing with sample and live data Monitor health, usage and overall compliance of the application.
- Hands-on design, development and deployment experience with the Service-now platform.
- Service now implementation experience in ITSM modules (Incident, Problem, Change, CMDB & Asset).
- Client Side and Server Side Scripting (Ex. Catalog Client Script, Portal Client Script, Business Rules, Script Actions, Script Includes, etc.)
- Client and Server API's (Ex. GlideDialogWindow, Glide Form (g_form), Glide Aggregate, GlideRecord, etc.)
- Administration (including Reporting, Dashboard, Performance Analytics, Email Notifications, Creating and Editing Home pages, Personalizing forms etc.)
- HTML/CSS/AJAX, AngularJS knowledge
- UI Pages and Jelly
- ACL and its debugging
- Knowledge of ITIL framework and understanding of (Asset/Configuration/Incident/Problem Management, Product Catalog etc.)
- Knowledge of Business management, IT Operations Management
- Transform MAP, Scheduler, Connection with other databases/instances, Webservice
- Mid Server setup and update set migration
- Content Management System
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related field; if no degree, 12+ years of experience in software engineering/developing
- Must have extensive programming experience in Java Script, Angular JS Framework, HTML, XML.
- Understands technical and functional design requirements related to ServiceNow.
- Experience with development and implementation of ServiceNow ITSM modules - Incident Management, Problem Management, Configuration Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management or other ITSM applications.
- Experience as a Software Engineer/Cloud Engineer/AWS Architect
- Experience with AWS, Service Now
- Cloud admin/arch experience
- Create automation scripts/utilities, data migration
- Experience building Environments for dev/test/prod, rebuilding instances
- Experience with PKI setups, certification maintenance
- Experience with Dashboard tools, data visualization
- Strong understanding of ETL processes
- Experience Developing dashboards and updating logic
- SQL and relational database experience
- Candidate must also be familiar with sound software engineering principles and methodologies
- Knowledge of developing in a Windows operating environment
- Proven experience in solving challenging technical problems.
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast moving environment, adapt to changes in schedules, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to solve problems, plan and prioritize personal tasking, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
External Referral Bonus:
- Service Now Certified Application Developer
- Experience with Agile development environment and concepts
- ITIL Certified
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.