Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
No Active Clearance Required
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Active Clearance Required
Engineering & Sciences
General Dynamics is seeking a Senior ServiceNow Developer to join our program in support of the National Cancer Institute (NCI) IT infrastructure support program. This ServiceNow Developer role will focus on support of NCI-s instance of ServiceNow and each stakeholder that uses this system. As part of this role, the ideal candidate will possess proven experience of ServiceNow administration, development/scripting, and web development skills. You should also be able to work proficiently in an Agile and full SDLC environment. Position is for full time employment with General Dynamics IT and will be based in our customer's office in Rockville, MD (Shady Grove area). There will be an opportunity to telework one day a week once established and with manager approval.
* Maintains NCI-s instance of ServiceNow including routine changes or configuration adjustments as directed by the customer
* Performs management and configuration of ServiceNow applications and modules, product development, service automation, and system integrations.
* Participates and manages development efforts pertaining to modules, applications, and major releases of the ServiceNow native platform and ServicePortal
* Participates in the configuration of new applications or suites during planning, requirement gathering, design, development, documentation, and rollout phases
* Contributes to the strategic development of new platform customizations, as needed, based on customer needs
* Participates in the collection and implementation of tool requirements and investigates as necessary to determine the best solution or configuration options available based on the specific requirement
* Plans and manages meetings, as needed, to solicit feedback from stakeholders regarding various modules of the tool whenever change is warranted or requested
* Assesses architecture and current system limitations, defines and designs system specifications, and evaluates input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
* Coordinates design of subsystems and total system integration
* Act as a liaison between parties when necessary to get support from ServiceNow (the company) when local issues arise or when technical difficulties are identified
* Aids with report configuration and maintenance and performs operational administrative tasks, as needed
* Actively collaborates with other teammates to perform code reviews, discuss new developments and projects, and shadow other junior admins/developers as needed
* Analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies. Conducts independent technical investigations in systems architecture and design. And can work independently as well as with team members to follow-through and complete assigned development tasks/projects in a professional manner.
Required Skills / Experience:
* Bachelors degree and 5+ years of relevant IT experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
* 3+ year hands-on experience developing, maintaining, and administering one or more ServiceNow instances
* Proficiency with technical ServiceNow components such as: business rules, client scripts, UI policies and actions, UI pages and macros, script includes, catalog items, workflows, web services, reports, etc.
* Experience working with customers to understand requirements and implement IT solutions, initiatives, and/or service automation
* Proven experience with writing and managing technical documentation
* Certification preferred - ServiceNow System Administrator, ServiceNow Implementation Specialist or ServiceNow Application Developer
* Proficiency with additional languages such as Jelly, jQuery, Bootstrap, and/or Angular JS is preferred.
* Experience supporting an environment with a user bases of 5000+ is strongly preferred
* Experience with CMS and/or Service Portal is a plus
* Experience with web/mobile development is a plus
* ITIL Foundations certification is a plus
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
* Strong written and oral communication
* Highly effective teamwork and collaboration skills
* Ability to work independently on a project, seeing it from inception to completion
* Strong organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills to effectively relate to agency and customer needs
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA MD Rockville - 9609 Medical Center Dr (MDC080)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.