Senior Signal Processing Engineer
Today, Electronic Warfare (EW) is a growing enterprise - protecting the warfighter and our national security against ever-adapting threats. The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Signal Processing Engineer to support EW programs in Arlington, VA. As part of our team, you will focus on improving the robustness and efficacy of sensors and signals in complicated environments. More broadly, you will lead the advancement of state of the art in research and advanced applications to support ongoing and future EW programs. As a senior technical team member, you will have an opportunity to lead tasks or projects as well.
Anticipated tasks include:
- Translate high-level functional goals into tasks, and lead execution
- Develop, model, and test algorithms in Matlab, Simulink, or C++ etc.
- Analyze results from simulation or real data to identify root causes and trends
- Develop novel and advanced algorithms, performance simulation, and analysis - using simulated and real data in both time series and spectral domains
- Participate in lab-based and field testing
- Lead and/or engage in multiple projects
- Communicate results in briefings and written material to your team, the Customer and management
- Serve as key Customer interface
- Serve as Technical Team Lead, and support PM with task planning, forecasting etc.
- Lead or support marketing and business development initiatives: develop technical solutions and new ideas for response to capture efforts (e.g., BAAs, RFPs etc.)
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Master s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field, with 15 years experience
- Active TS//SCI clearance
- Team leadership experience
- Experience translating functional requirements into tasks
- Fluent with tools such as MATLAB, Linux, Mathematica, Python, Simulink - and languages such as C/C++, Java etc.
- Strong analytical skills and experience in areas of adaptive filter theory, spectral estimation, detection and estimation theory, linear algebra and/or stochastic processes
- Proven record of innovation for solving complex signal processing, detection, estimation and tracking related problems
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field, with minimum 13 years experience
- Significant experience in Electronic Warfare (EW) signal processing algorithm development, working with both simulated and real data
- Capture leadership experience, i.e., experience leading responses to BAAs, RFPs etc.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Signal Processing Engineering
Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.