What We'll Bring:
Our quest to modernizing the way we do technology is not slowing down anytime soon. We continue to make big strides in our agile atmosphere to bring the latest in products and solutions within the cloud infrastructure. Our cloud teams have the potential to shape the future by solving thought-provoking problems and using transformational technology to further enhance our capabilities in this data-driven world. Helping our clients build trust begins with a strong team of innovators ready to pave the way with strategy and optimization in mind. You'll have the chance to thrive in a culture of ownership and delivery as these efforts continue to expand. As technology evolves, our advantage in having an ecosystem of innovation and modernization creates an unmatchable environment. These advantages can enable you to be at the center of groundbreaking discoveries.
This is senior level technical role (expert level) that involves supporting, coordinating and driving TransUnion Consumer Interactive's Application Support and Reliability Operations. The role offers exposure to a wide breadth and depth on various moving parts of enterprise technology and business operations in a start-up like culture.What You'll Bring:
We'd love to see:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- 8+ years' experience with atleast 3+ years in technical lead role in Application Support, Software Configuration, Release and Deployment management.
- Hands-on experience with technologies like F5 LTM/ GTM, Weblogic/ Wildfly (or similar platform), Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, SVN, GIT, Shell / Perl / Python and other leading platforms/ tools
- Strong experience working in both Windows and Open source environments
- Good knowledge of deploying and managing applications on a public cloud service (preferably AWS, Container technologies like Docker & Kubernetes etc)
- Good knowledge of leading industry support tools Wily/ AppDynamics/ DynaTrace, Nagios, ZenOSS, Splunk, Catchpoint, Grafana, etc
Impact You'll Make:Enterprise Applications Support
- Hands-on knowledge of SQL and analytics tools like Spotfire/ Tableau is desired.
- Experience managing geographically dispersed virtual teams will be a plus
Software Delivery (Release and Configuration)
- Participate in building plans for onboarding, configuration, support, upgrade and administration of enterprise applications.
- Provide enterprise business application support that includes responding to incidents, investigating and rapid remediation of business impacting incidents, performing root cause analysis and researching solutions to prevent recurrence
- Maintain high operational uptime rates for revenue generating business applications through formalized monitoring, service restoral and change execution programs.
- Plan and coordinate activities related to rollout and production support of business systems and applications.
- Coordinate with software/ services vendors, clients and internal support teams on preparing and implementation of support plans.
- Create reports to track support metrics and ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Automation and Tools Administration
- Collaborate with product management teams for release and configuration management activities that include release scheduling, staging, deployment, pre- and post-production activities
- Review the scope of the build pipeline on ongoing basis and create deployment/ release plans
- Perform any pre-release assessments to ensure the upcoming releases meet the production readiness criteria before being deployed in production
- Participate in software deployment/ release process
Continual Service Improvement
- Research, develop and rollout automation opportunities that will help in improving IT capabilities and reduce cost of operations
- Provide ongoing support and administration to operations tools like deployment, administration, monitoring and application performance management tools
- Identify and implement improvements in monitoring methodology including tools, monitoring thresholds, alerting etc.
- Perform periodic reviews on current monitoring setup and implement any optimizations to ensure accurate and comprehensive monitoring/ alerting for business applications
- Partner with the PMO on assessing, scheduling and managing any projects on behalf of the team team
- Represent the team in any project reviews and provide status updates to the management team.
- Perform periodic reviews and provide recommendations for improvement of Business Processes by leveraging existing IT capabilities and ITIL framework
- Define, review and update SOPs/run books and ensure essential procedures are followed.
- Participate and provide inputs in creation and rollout of SLAs, OLAs and KPIs based on IT capabilities
- Participate and contribute to partner/ client business review meetings
During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Advisor, Applications Support