Senior Embedded Software Engineer - Towson, MDCome Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll Do
A Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer is an integral part of our Global Electronics & Electrical Systems organization. This position is part of our Software and Connected team based in Towson, MD, and supports multiple power tool product groups. The position involves working closely with several other roles including Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Reliability and Regulatory. The ideal candidate will be an individual with experience in low-level embedded firmware design and a passion for problem solving and debugging.
Who You Are
- Design and develop power electronic firmware and specifications for AC and BLDC motor controls for power tools.
- Implement and validate electronic designs through software development, test and simulation.
- Develop software verification and validation procedures using unit and integration tests.
- Provide leadership in achieving cost, performance and quality objectives of all related electronic systems, components, and sub-assemblies.
- Develop solutions for electronic system related issues as an integral member of a larger team.
- Maintain appropriate documentation for work performed.
- Translate customer requirements into software specifications.
- Embrace cross functional teamwork.
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
What You'll Receive
- BSEE, BSCS, BSCE or equivalent (4 years) from accredited computer/electrical engineering college
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in embedded system (bare metal) design
- Extensive knowledge of developing embedded 8bit/16bit/32bit microcontrollers in C, C++, or ASM. Experience with ARM architectures preferred. Experience with assembly language coding is a plus.
- Experience with closed loop control and feedback systems for AC and BLDC motors
- Familiarity with lithium ion battery powered systems.
- Experience with common motor control techniques, including sensored and sensorless trapezoidal control.
- Understanding of common microcontroller peripherals such as: timers, GPIO, watchdog, ADC, UART, DMA.
- Strong understanding of embedded software concepts, including: hard real time processing, process scheduling, cooperative multitasking, interrupt processing, race conditions, RTOS.
- Familiar with software development processes and controls (static analysis, distributed version control, unit testing, bug tracking).
- Experience with debugging (either with in-circuit debugger or by other means)
- Ability to discover and implement creative or innovative ideas and inspire others to do so.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to influence the organization and to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Foster and maintain a high level of integrity in all aspects of work.
- Ability to travel and interface with overseas electronic contract manufacturers and provide technical direction to obtain quality electronics assemblies for tool production.
- Ability to accomplish unrelated objectives concurrently.
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
How You'll Feel
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.