Role: Senior Software Architect
Location: Remote as of now but onsite after Covid (Canonsburg, PA)
The Senior Software Architect actively contributes to the continuous maturation of engineering policies and best practices for software development and user interface design; and evaluate, select, and implement development tools, processes, and new technologies. The architect is responsible for transforming our application architecture into a cloud native, scalable, resilient and agile architecture by collaborating with our delivery organization and building a cloud developer community.
· Creates robust and scalable product designs that meet customer requirements and are extensible and anticipate future product needs;
· Gathers requirements from stakeholders and performs critical analysis of the product’s feature set;
· Conducts architectural and design reviews for a product or subsystem;
· Product dependencies and risks are identified early and appropriate mitigation strategies are specified. Timely dependency determination allows teams to make effective adjustments to designs and schedules;
· Anticipates the key architectural issues in the planning phase for a product;
· Recognizes patterns of defects and drives design improvements that are adopted across the product line;
· Fully understands the customer experience and drives product improvements in architecture, design and implementation methods to improve the experience;
· Establishes and communicates best practices for architecture, design and development methods across product teams and business groups;
· Works without supervision on the most complex projects and complete latitude for independent judgment; and
· Act as a mentor to team members and aid in adherence to established coding techniques and standards.
· Actively participate in the dissemination of information and education of staff through formal and informal presentations and training events;
· Evaluate, select, procure, and implement 3rd party software as owner of corporate product standardization initiative;
· Research and present new technologies, design patterns, and practices;
· Aid project teams in the conduct of requirements, design, and coding reviews and inspections to ensure the product is robust, extensible, and scalable; and - Mentor and guide senior developers on tactics and approaches for architectural design, user interface design, dependency management, and software development.
· Maintain compliance with Clients policies, procedures and mission statement;
· Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Clients Operating Policies and Procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position;
· Fulfill those responsibilities and/or duties that may be reasonably provided by Client for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the Company;
· Uphold responsibilities relative to the separation of duties for applicable processes and procedures within your job function; and
· We reserve the right to change this job description from time to time as business needs dictate and will provide notice of such.
· Minimum of 12 years of hands-on software product development experience including a minimum of 5 years’ experience with analysis, design, and programming in a multi-product software development organization;
· 3+ years of proven success in architecture for a highly micro-service based SaaS, implementation.
· 5+ years in an application design of cloud-based environments for applications including expertise in building large and distributed systems.
· Deep knowledge and recent extensive experience with Microsoft core development technologies with special aptitude towards .NET technologies; additional experience with SQL development is a plus;
· Agile/Scrum, Lean, Design for Six-Sigma (DfSS or DMADV), or comparable credentials are a plus;
· Experience with analysis, specification, design, development, testing, and deployment of software systems;
· Demonstrated skills in troubleshooting and resolving issues during all phases of the product development life cycle;
· Solid understanding of web technologies, relational databases, and multi-tier applications is expected; and
· Methodical and pragmatic problem-solver who inspires confidence and trust with internal staff and users, with a strong sense of teamwork, active listening skills, and negotiation and influencing skills.
· Must be well-versed in SOA design patterns (e.g., Event-driven architecture, Complex Event Processing, In-Memory Caching, Canonical Data Modeling, Model-View-Controller);
· Proficient in one or more Relational and Non-Relational DB technologies such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, MongoDB.
· Experience in 12-factor app architecture, design, and implementation;
· Experience with Agile development methodologies including unit testing, test-driven development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Pair Programming, and Automated Testing;
· Development experience in a public (AWS, Azure, Rackspace) or private cloud environment; and - Strong emphasis on engineering best practices including; Peer Reviews, Code Inspections, and Automation.
· 8-10 years of experience in healthcare/specialty pharmacy related environment preferred.
· Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science, or related field;
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· Sedentary work ( i.e. sitting for long periods of time) Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force;
· Frequently or constantly to lift, carry push, pull or otherwise move objects and repetitive motions;
· Subject to inside environmental conditions; and
· Travel for this position will include less than 5% locally usually for training purposes.