Senior Software Cloud Engineer
McLean, VA/Richmond, VA/NYC, NY
Phone + Skype
Talented thinkers and master cloud engineers who can envision next generation software innovations.
Our team is enthusiastic, collaborative, innovative and eager to support our rapidly changing world of applications and cloud automation.
You play a critical role responsible for design, implementation and automation of complex cloud application.
Thriving on collaborative innovation, you will join a team of talented engineers that enjoy working together. Responsibilities (Hands on):
- Develop procedures to automate various systems and tasks (e.g. automating code builds and deployments) using Jenkins, Git, Docker, Chef, Cloudformation etc.
- Contribute in the DevOps team to build out our infrastructure and servers currently operating on AWS
- Lead and Mentor Cloud Engineers
- Development and promotion of new DevOps tools to simplify build process and entire continuous delivery pipeline
- Continuously improve deployment strategies and testing to support our goal of 100% up-time
- Work closely with our Architects, Engineers, Product Owners and Application Leads to engineer and build automated solutions
- Minimum Education - Associate's Degree Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
- You are self-starter that is smart, curious and always motivated to stay on top of technical trends
- You have experience with Linux/Unix and Windows deployments
- You have designed, monitored and managed scalable and fault-tolerant deployments
- You have experience with continuous integration, log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning of your infrastructure
- You take initiative and enjoy working with engineers to make the software development process as painless as possible
- You are comfortable writing scripts in ruby/bash/groovy/python (at least two of those).
- Experience in Build and CI/CD/CT technologies like GitHub, Chef, Artifactory, Bamboo, Hudson/Jenkins, Atlas, Cucumber
- Experienced in Cloud related technologies like AWS, Azure, GCE, or OpenStack
- Familiar with Agile methodologies like Scrum, SAFe, and Kanban
- Contributed to Open-Source and/or public GitHub projects
- experience with build and CI/CD/CT technologies
- experience in Linux Shell scripting
- experience in large-scale projects
- experience with cloud related technologies like AWS, Azure, GCE, or OpenStack
- experience with CM/Orchestration technologies like Docker, Puppet, Salt, Ansible, Chef, Terraform
- certified in Java, AWS, Microsoft, Jenkins, Chef or related technologies
- experience in developing RESTful APIs using Spring and Jersey
- experience in database technologies like, SQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- experience with scripting languages like Ruby, Python, Perl
Skills and Certifications CI/CD/CT: GitHub, Chef, Artifactory, Bamboo, Hudson/Jenkins, Atlas, CucumberLinuxCloud related technologies: AWS, Azure, GCE, or OpenStackDocker, Puppet, Salt, Ansible, Chef, Terraform Agile