Title: Senior Software Developer, Unity3D
Duration: Full Time Perm
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
We are seeking a Software Developer to join the Future Forward Research Group Our group’s role is to explore speculative concepts and technologies that are promising for future products and services in the emerging field of computer and robot-assisted medical interventions. As a Software Engineer, you will work on the design and development of augmented/virtual reality apps for mobile (Tablets, iPad) and head-mounted devices targeting end-users involved in surgical robotic procedures.
The successful candidate must excel in a high-energy, focused, small-team environment, and have a commitment to high-quality research prototypes and supporting infrastructure. A strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward is required. As part of the research team, immediate responsibilities include:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prototype with the latest mixed reality hardware (Oculus, Vive, Magic Leap, HoloLens, iOS, Android).
- Build, debug, and deploy next-generation AR/VR apps in Unity3D/C#.
- Participate in software architecture discussions, code reviews, and user studies design.
- Develop new immersive reality features that contribute to the product roadmap
- Integrate AR/VR apps with back-end systems, APIs, and services.
- Create documentation for the features being developed, the techniques that were tried and rejected or implemented.
- Apply good software engineering practices to write elegant, maintainable, and reusable code.
- Unit-test code for robustness and reliability.
- Minimum Bachelors in computer science or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years experience in developing and shipping Unity-based applications, preferably in visualization, AR/VR applications, or video games.
- Demonstrated hands-on skills of C++ and C#.
- Experience using animated 3D models.
- Familiarity with developing applications for Headsets/AR Mobile devices such as – HTC Vive, HoloLens, iPad, or equivalent.
- Experience building and shipping Unity apps on app stores.
- Experience profiling and debugging Unity applications for performance optimizations.
- Attention to detail in UI design implementation.
- Strong communication and team-success-oriented collaboration skills.
- Excellent programming skills with a solid understanding of software engineering techniques, methodologies, and attention to detail.
- Disciplined debugging skills and a tenacious problem solver.
- Shipped at least one Unity game.
- Experience writing graphics shaders in unity.
- Experience creating 3d assets.
- Knowledge of 3D, CAD, and Rigid-body physics.
- Experience using Metal/OpenGL/Vulkan or other 3D graphics development frameworks.
- Experience working with AR libraries such as ARKit, Vuforia, and ARCore.
- Experience developing apps for HoloLens or Magic Leap.
- Experience in other game development engines/tools such as Unreal, Blender, and Maya.
- Experience with node-based frameworks such as NodeCanvas, ShaderGraph, and Blueprint.
- Experience in front-end web technologies.
- Experience in website/mobile app UI & UX design.