BDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
BDO Digital, LLC, a subsidiary of BDO USA, LLP, provides a holistic portfolio of technology, transformation services and solutions. We are an organization that values your time, talent, and contributions. Collaborate with BDO Digital’s cross-disciplinary team who work together to solve digital needs and unearth new opportunities to drive competitive advantage. Our commitment to each other is why BDO Digital is a recognized leader for our culture, employee satisfaction and career growth. We’re looking for people with the same drive; to combine teamwork with technology to produce amazing results.
As there are several cities listed within this job description, we would consider candidates nationwide.
The Senior Software Developer - .Net / C# will work with cutting edge technology, deliver high quality solutions across various local industries, and drive solutions with a team working on holistic web development projects that range in size and scope, as well as receive continuous career development opportunities. This role will perform hands-on customized development and unit testing of web-based software solutions for our customers primarily based on Microsoft technologies, including but not limited to Microsoft .NET, Microsoft SQL Server and SharePoint. This position will own and participate in consulting relationships with multiple clients and technologies.
- Produces and reviews software and database designs that meet both business and technical requirements
- Gains a deep understanding of client needs and plays an integral part in defining and proposing practical solutions to meet or exceed client expectations
- Instrumental in defining the software and database architecture for new solutions
Business Requirements Gathering:
- Leads client requirements gathering sessions and accurately documents business requirements
Implementation and Support:
- Software deployments and ongoing software support
Other duties as required
- Leads a team of developers within projects to ensure timelines and deliverables are met
- Oversees time reporting accuracy and the technical management of projects
- Performs code reviews and ensures adherence to standards
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, required; degree with a focus in Computer Science, preferred
- Four (4) or more years of application development experience, required
- Two (2) or more years of experience technically leading development projects, required
- Professional experience coding with C#, Microsoft Development Platforms, SQL and SQL Server, required
- Experience writing and optimizing SQL queries, required
- Three (3) or more years of experience producing technical designs (artifacts), preferred
- Experience with Mobile development and/or Xamarin, preferred
- Experience with Visual Studio, Microsoft MVC and entity framework, preferred
- Experience developing with SharePoint solutions, preferred
Experience with one of the following, required:
- .Net, C#, MVC, SQL, SQL Server
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Experience within a consultative environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be open to travel to client sites, if needed
Keywords: Experienced, Software Developer, Senior, .Net, ASP.Net, C#, MVC, Java, Microsoft Development, SQL, PHP, Visual Studio, SharePoint, Java, Apex, Xamarin, Mobile
Akron, Anchorage, Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boca Raton, Boston, Charlotte, Cherry Hill, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbia, Columbus, Coral Gables, Dallas, Des Plaines, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Worth, Gardner, Grand Rapids, Greater Philadelphia, Greenville, Harrisburg, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kalamazoo, Lakeland, Laramie, Las Vegas, Long Island, Los Angeles, Madison, McLean, Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York, Norfolk, Oak Brook, Orange County, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Raleigh, Reno, Richmond, Rosemont, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, San Ramon, Seattle, Spokane, St. Louis, Stamford, Tampa Bay, Tulsa, Valhalla, Washington, DC, West Palm Beach, Wilmington, Winter Haven, Woodbridge