Location: 100% remote - US based
Work from the comfort of your own home!We give you a world of potential
Computershare has an exciting opportunity for a permanent full-time Senior Software Developer to join our Business Services Technology team based in the US.There are a few things that make this opportunity truly fantastic:
A role you will love
- Work on new and exciting projects: We are upgrading existing platforms into .NET 6 and moving from TFS to Git and Azure!
- We work in a fun and collaborative team environment
- We offer continuous learning and education opportunities and put emphasis on continued improvement and growth.
- Enjoy flexibility with the hours that you work, ensuring that you can obtain the right work-life balance.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package, with further details found below.
As a Senior Developer you will develop high quality, secure, stable and reliable software in close collaboration with other members in an Agile development team. In addition, you will be expected to contribute to the developer community, promote innovation and share knowledge of industry best practices.Other key responsibilities include:
What will you bring to the role?
- Write high quality, clean code which adheres to internal architectural, quality and security standards.
- Adopt and maintain a suitable branching, release and versioning strategy to optimise the team's ability to respond to change and frequently deliver high quality, working software.
- Work closely with infrastructure, DBA and support teams to aid smooth transition to Production Support and eliminate deployment issues.
- Apply best practices and contribute to the development of enhanced/innovative working.
- Work closely with software architects: Exchange ideas, propose solutions to new problems, improve solutions of old problems
- Motivate others and lead with optimism when faced with tough challenges and deadlines
- Ability to challenge, teach and help others with their technical learning (Mentoring).
- Contribution to the wider technical community through knowledge sharing (Blog, Lightning Talks, Demos).
Bonus points if you have:
- Minimum of 5 years of professional, technical experience in a developer role
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior and intermediate Developers
- Proficiency or knowledge in the following:
- Microsoft Windows environment development
- C#, ASP.Net MVC framework, JQuery.
- Cross-browser development and design
- OWASP top 10 and general secure development principles
- Unit testing principles. Version control principles
- Refactoring and design patterns
- Agile methodology experience (preferably Scrum) using Agile tools
- Unit test frameworks
- Transitioning solutions into support
- Continuous integration, continuous deployment and continuous delivery
- Knowledge of the business domain - business rules and user journeys as well as system behaviours
- Experience in contributing to the automation test approach, understanding return on investment and automation coverage, designing tests and identifying scenarios.
- Understanding of the test environment, quality gateways and the route to production (CI/CD pipeline) and the impact on key stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with object-oriented programming
A company to be proud of
- Proficiency or knowledge in the following:
- Adaptive/Responsive web design.
- Frontend frameworks such as AngularJS & Bootstrap.
- CSS Preprocessors.
- Microsoft Azure, Git, Pipelines and Teams
- RESTful APIs.
- Scalable and secure web architecture.
Computershare (ASX:CPU) is a world leader in financial administration with over 14,000 employees across 21 different countries delivering expertise to over 40,000 clients. At Computershare, it's more than just a job, our open and inclusive culture means that we will help you to grow, to move forward and make the most of the world of opportunities we have available. With infinite possibilities, we could take you anywhere.Rewards designed for you Employee Share Plan.
Set aside salary to purchase shares in our company and you'll increase your investment when you receive a generous company contribution towards additional shares.Health and Wellbeing.
Our health and wellbeing rewards can be tailored to support you and your family.Save for Your Future.
We will support you along your retirement savings journey.Paid time away from work.
Our employees enjoy a competitive paid time off package, including a day each year to volunteer time for a good cause that is important to you.Employee Discounts.
We've partnered with other organisations to offer you extra savings. Enjoy discounts with banks, car manufacturers, on flights, accommodation, and days out as well as with many big brand shops.Extra Rewards.
From tuition reimbursement to cash bonus recruitment referral programs, our comprehensive benefits package offers a multitude of options.Compensation.
Approximately $90,000 - $140,000 per year USD, depending on experience.A diverse and inclusive place to work
Computershare celebrates the diversity of our people, and we welcome applications from everyone.We believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected, and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers' needs to allow us to drive better outcomes.We are happy to accommodate individual needs during your application journey. If you require disability accommodations or adjustments, please email us at detailing your requirements and contact information.Computershare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.Covid-secure
We've kept our business running during the pandemic by moving most of our employees to remote working, and by creating and maintaining a safe environment for those people who need to be in the office. We carefully limit the amount of people at our locations and ensure that those who cannot work remotely are kept safe with proper distancing and protective equipment.In most circumstances we are currently performing all interviews, assessments, and background checks online to ensure the safety of everyone involved. Should you be successful in securing a role and it can be performed from home, we will arrange for equipment to be sent to you and your onboarding and training will be provided remotely.