NCIS provides the DON with threat status and warnings associated with terrorist, criminal, cyber, and counterintelligence activity throughout the world. NCIS is the only DON organization that has the information and responsibility to fuse and analyze the national intelligence and law enforcement information necessary to provide these warnings. The Information Technology Directorate (ITD) supports the NCIS core mission areas to investigate and defeat criminal, terrorist, and foreign intelligence threats by planning for and providing services through appropriate use of the people, equipment, technology, and infrastructure resources of the United States Navy and Marine Corps.
Secret clearance is required to start;
This position is part of the IT Technology Development division within the NCIS ITD organization and performs the following functions:
- Building the MS Dynamics CRM forms, screens, and views, as well as workflows and reports around the customer needs for an interface.
- Use Microsoft .NET development to extend and augment the Microsoft Dynamics CRM platform.
- Implementation of custom MS Dynamics CRM plug-ins and workflows.
- Create Plug-ins, custom asp.net pages and workflows for enhancing the system and maintain data integrity.
- Design new applications integrating using both the SharePoint Controls and Web Service implementations as part of the overall architecture.
- Develop, test, and refine the applications to meet stakeholder requirements and established User Interface design.
- Customize sitemap for entity navigation for custom menus.
- Isolate, diagnose, repair and resolve software problems.
- Provide feedback for regular internal process improvement and best practice reviews.
- Applies industry best practices to all development efforts
- Requires a firm understanding of technologies including .NET Framework technologies.
- Extensive implementation experience in installation, configuration, customization and extension of MS Dynamics as well as doing the deployment, troubleshooting, and production support for the applications developed.
- .NET Framework Technologies
- Enterprise Technologies: MS Dynamics and SharePoint
- Active Secret clearance is required to start.
- Current DoD 8570 Level II (ex. Security +)
- MS certification in Web Development or SharePoint Applications.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What will a typical work day look like for the Contract Labor Associate (CLA)? Is this a team setting? This is a team setting and the normal work day will include team/customer meetings and hands on MS Dynamics dev work
- What are the top 3 skillsets the candidate should have? MS Dynamics, .NET Framework technologies, SharePoint
- What is the interview process (phone then in-person or only phone, etc)? We use both telephone and in-person interviews. Interviews are conducted with a SME and normally the Program or Deputy Program Manager.