The Senior Software Developer is involved in leading the development, implementation and maintenance of ANSYS CFD Lattice-Boltzmann solver and meshing capabilities. The Senior Software Developer will help define technical directions and develop products, working closely with other team members and ANSYS teams to ensure the capabilities meet ANSYS strategic needs and our customer requirements.
The position involves developing, implementing, and maintaining functionality related to the Lattice-Boltzmann solver and meshing capabilities within ANSYS CFD software, as well as leading new initiatives. Responsibilities include:
• Development and maintenance of Lattice-Boltzmann solver numerics/algorithms
• Development and maintenance of Lattice-Boltzmann boundary conditions
• Development and maintenance of Cartesian and octree meshing algorithms
• Implementation and expansion of meshing and solver infrastructure
• Multi-process (MPI) and multi-threaded parallelization of meshing and solver algorithms
• Extension of meshing and solver algorithms to GPGPUs and other computing platforms
• Keeping abreast of the cutting-edge Lattice-Boltzmann technology
• Provide technical leadership and guidance to support and development staff
In addition, the incumbent will optimize the CFD application to achieve high performance on Linux and Windows operating systems. Implementations will be optimized to support both shared and distributed memory platforms.
• Bachelor's Degree in engineering, computational science, or applied mathematics and a minimum of 8 years of experience
• Excellent and demonstrated programming skills in at least one computer language (preferably C/C++).
• Willingness to learn, take initiative and work in a team-oriented environment
• An advanced degree (MS/MTech/PhD) in engineering, mathematics or computational science is a plus
• At least 2 years of experience implementing Lattice-Boltzmann based solver and meshing algorithms
• Proficiency in C/C++, Unix/Linux code development, Windows experience is desirable
• Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
• Ability to mentor and guide junior staff
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
• Customer focus
• Results and Accountability
• Transparency and Integrity
• Sense of urgency
• Collaboration and Teamwork
ANSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.