Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you'll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you'll do meaningful work you're passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover. Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We're all about people , and our employees are why Discover
is a great place to work.
Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for developing large scale , customer - facing applications. Designs, develops , and integrates systems for Discover's award - winning digital presence by using Agile development methodologies to support existing and new product features. Responsibilities
Minimum Qualifications At a minimum, here's what we need from you:
- Works closely with the b usiness , utilizing agile methodology. Breaks down complex requirements into workable technical solutions. Assi sts in the evaluation of client- area application software/systems requirements and processes (e.g., new features, enhancements or maintenance). Performs application software development, testing , and implementation of efficient, cost effective application solutions. Completes technical design(s) as needed. Ensures that design(s) meets architecture standards and that the resulting system will be flexible, easily maintainable, high performing , and integrates well with other related systems/components. Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recomme nds the most efficient and cost- effective solution for the systems ' design. Collaborates with other developers on code reviews and process enhancements. Completes unit and system testing prior to the start of any testing in PA region. Works with other internal IT teams to complete project activities, such as Infrastructure, Architecture , and Database teams. Ensures that code reviews are performed and documented , using the approved template. May provide direction and guidance to other systems analysts/developers. Analyzes and identifies technical areas of improvement within existing web applications.
- Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and that risks are mitigated. Ensures all projects have a detailed implementation and back-out plans, and are reviewed with all impacted parties in advance of scheduled releases. Continually looks for , and implements ways to , stabilize and improve the performance of the production environment.
- Adheres to regulatory, PDP, Change Management, and Internet Department processes and standards, ensuring all projects are compliant. Ensure s any volume and capacity considerations are communicated during the design phase (or prior to committing to a Sprint). Documents software and performs related duties as assigned or requested. Actively contribute s to best practices to support a strong software architecture. Reduce s occurrence of vulnerabilities through proper secure coding practices and having a "Security First" m indset. Follow s proper handling of sensitive data per security guidelines. Ensures any volume and capacity considerations are communicated during the design phase (or prior to committing to a Sprint). Identifies efficient and viable alternatives to resource - intensive requirements.
- Identifies and exec utes opportunities to leverage Agile/Iterative/L ean processes to deliver projects faster. Proposes ideas to better position our applications to support future business and technology initiatives. Finds ways to incorporate these ideas within planned project/release timelines. Incorporates and supports new technology/frameworks to supp ort our continual integration efforts.
Preferred Qualifications If we had our say, we'd also look for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science , or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Development
W hat are you waiting for? Apply today! And by the way, while you're waiting to hear from us, don't forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
- 5 - 7 years of experience working on transactional Internet Web sites.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer ( EEO is the law
). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in consideration for a career at Discover.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law)
. We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.