Shelby Systems, a Ministry Brands Company, is looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our growing team!
Who we are
Are you looking for an opportunity where your faith and your job skills can coexist to make an impact on the world? Ministry Brands’ mission is to serve God by providing outstanding software, services, and content that connects churches, ministries, and faith-based organizations to the communities they serve. We equip over 115,000 churches in the United States and abroad with the software tools they need to administer their membership, collect and manage tithes, and expand the Gospel through technology and cutting-edge content. If you love tech and want to serve the Church community than Ministry Brands is the place for you!
Currently, we serve our clients in these key areas:
- Online Giving
- Church Management Software (ChMS)
- Website Design and Content Management
- Mobile Applications
- Finance and Accounting Software
- Background Screening
- Streaming Services
Our vision is to be the leading provider of software, services, and information platforms for churches, ministries, and those they serve.
What you'll do
As a Senior Software Developer, you will write application code to contribute to the full life-cycle of development from concept to post-production support and maintenance of server /OS/desktop/ web / mobile applications and services. This position will develop application code, contribute to version-controlled source code repositories, and will manage assigned tasks to create measurable value and deliver software to market using industry-recognized agile methodologies and best practices. The Staff Developer II will be responsible for coding according to prescribed standards and guidelines set forth by the architects and leadership teams and must demonstrate quality, brevity, and timeliness in all deliverables.
- Develop application code according to requirements and assigned tasks.
- Contribute to lifecycle Flow and value streams by following prescribed methodologies and best practices.
- Maintain a balance of business and technical acumen in decision making.
- Follow source-code management and work item tracking best practices.
- Contribute to the estimation process during planning exercises.
Who you are
- Have excellent decision making and effective business acumen
- Excellent communicator in both written and verbal form
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of work-related information and materials
- Have a thirst for learning and a mindset focused on growth
- Demonstrate expertise and mastery in your area of technology and industry.
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Required Education and Experience
- 4+ years of professional experience performing software development tasks, including coding and QA.
- Comprehensive knowledge concerning the following:
- C#, .NET (Standard and Core)
- Relational Databases (SQL Server preferred)
- Web Services (SOAP, XML, JSON, REST)
- ASP.NET MVC and Web API
- Working knowledge of toolsets such as:
- Build Tools: VSTS Online/TFS, TeamCity, Jenkins, Bamboo
- Source Control: Git or like
- Work Request Systems: TFS, Jira
- SDLC Methodologies:
- Agile, SCRUM, use of architectural patterns/frameworks
- Ability to collaborate on requirements for projects and request
- Ability to properly assess and articulate risk
Preferred Education and Experience
- B.S. or higher in computer science/technology field preferred or equivalent industry experience.
- Excellent customer-service orientation
- Effective delegation of tasks and follow-up
- Lead technology assessments and author recommendations
- Knowledgeable of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Capable of meeting deadlines and focuses on results and value creation
- Capable of professionally resolving team issues/conflicts
- Works well with customers and vendors, knows when and how hard to push to maintain a stable and reliable environment
- Capable of leading research into application development issues to successful completion
- Self-motivated and directed
- Capable of prioritizing and execution of tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and regulations preferred (PCI, PII, PHI, HIPAA, GDPR, ADA, etc.)
Why you'll love us
- Competitive compensation. Be fancy
- Career advancement opportunities. Because we know how awesome you are.
- Open PTO Policy. Because your mom misses you
- Snacks. NomNomNom
- 401(k) matching. Basically free $$$
Ministry Brands is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.