Ovivo is looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our team in Salt Lake City, UT. Ovivo is a world leader in equipment and solutions for the treatment of water, wastewater, and ultrapure water. We bring together some of the world's most established brands with an amalgamated heritage of over 200 years of experience. Our passion is to innovate and bring to the market equipment and solutions that lead to new efficiencies and further enable our clients to conserve water supplies.
This important position will design, maintain and support the specific application software used to store and automate data at Ovivo. Assist in the design and implementation of new or modified system functionality to maximize the effectiveness of data collection, processing and reporting in accordance with company policies, requirements and objectives.
Completes assigned activities under the direction of the Application development manager.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Accredited qualification in computer related discipline plus some related experience in a production, manufacturing, design environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in software development
- Experience managing a small team of software developers
- Working knowledge of relational database design and concepts
- Knowledge of VB.net, NET, C#, SQL, Crystal Reports, SSRS
- Knowledge of developing and supporting SQL Server Databases in a major ERP environment
- Proven track record in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence reporting in a multi site / multi currency environment.
- Experience supporting Syteline ERP is a plus.
- Analyze, design, develop, test and implement application software in support of business initiatives. Prepare related technical documentation.
- Review and analyze business system and user needs.
- Evaluate user reported issues and work with other team members to resolve
- Become familiar with business processes and assess business activities performed globally to determine proposed solutions and potential impact.
- Plan and execute unit tests including technical, functional, and integration tests. Prepare related technical documentation.
- Design, build, implement and maintain databases, scripts, views, functions and stored procedures within SQL Server to support application software
- Ensure integrity and validity of data extracted from the ERP system.
- Assist in documenting system requirements, defining scope and objectives.
- Assist with implementation of software in new sites including process analysis, importing data from legacy systems, testing and validation
- Develop test plans; perform testing per approved plans and coordinate end user testing activity.
- Installation and testing of vendor software patches and upgrades where applicable
- Track all programming changes using help desk and version control software
- Develop interfaces to external applications such as financial packages, tax systems and banking interfaces.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of Syteline and of the 'in-house' developed applications
- Development & customization programming as required (VB.net, NET, C#, SQL, Crystal Reports, SSRS, Business Intelligence)
- Documentation and user support
- Local and international travel to other Ovivo sites may be required up to 4 weeks per year
All full time employees are eligible for Ovivo's competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k match, company paid short term and long term disability, company paid life insurance, and more.
Ovivo Inc. is a global company dedicated to water and wastewater treatment. We offer comprehensive technological solutions, as well as services and equipment tailored to specific client needs. Ovivo operates in over 15 countries with more than 800 employees.