Business Group HighlightsDefense
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions.Responsibilities
Provides expertise and direction in the development and/or modification of computer-based scientific, technical, and business software systems. Uses expertise to design develop, code, test, and debug software. May work in one or several areas, such as equipment or software design, engineering evaluation or test, configuration management procedures, statistical analysis and modeling. Works with users to define existing or new system scope and objectives. Provides analytical support and technical advice during the conceptualization, development, and implementation phases. Plans and schedules new applications systems projects with user, systems software, and computer center operations personnel, including the identification of objectives, time frames, costs, and manpower requirements. Performs tasks necessary to ensure the identification and documentation of hazards within software systems using various analysis tools and techniques. Reviews and evaluates systems and software for adherence to government or commercial directives, standards, guidelines, and criteria concerning software safety and systems safety. Confirms design mitigations are captured in the design and its documentation and verifies implementation. May perform as a project lead with the responsibility for the instruction, assigning, direction, and monitoring of the performance of assigned systems developers / analyst working on a specific project.Qualifications
- Requires 8+ years with BS/BA or equivalent years of experience.
- Proficient in web-application development and cloud technologies
- Commercial software development experience with proficiency in C, C++ and C#
- Experience in multithreaded, network enabled applications/systems
- Graphics programming experience (OpenSceneGraph, osgEarth, OpenGL)
- Modern web-based programming techniques/methodologies (Promises, Lambda Expressions, REST services/architecture)
- Strong database skills (T-SQL, ANSI SQL, NoSQL, or big-data queries technologies)
- Node Package Manager (NPM) / NodeJS experience
- Java development experience and/or Java Build Tools like Maven
- GIT - Source Code Management
- Sencha ExtJS development experience
- AWS or MS Azure application deployment/management
- Docker containerization experience
- CSS/SASS-based UI/UX experience
- GIS applications experience
- Military (Army) Aviation/Ground maintenance domain knowledge
- Accustomed to writing tests for code modifications and assisting QA with validation
- Ability to work with limited daily supervision
- Able to discuss implementation with customers, management and peers
- Experience with a Virtualization Technology (VMWare or Hyper-V)
- Experience with mobile platform development a plus (Android, iOS)
- Experience with onsite product integration and technical support
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.OptionsApply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeedAs a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)