Description Job Description:
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software. Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting. End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs. Ensures software standards are met.
Qualifications Education and Experience:
- Under general direction, participates as technical expert in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software.
- Expertise must include Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle database development, custom .NET/Java applications, Remedy, SharePoint, and Open Source software.
- Works with staff to understand technical problems with software and develops solutions to resolve them.
- Resolves customer complaints and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Participates in the development of system documentation, including system design specifications, system security plans, user manuals, etc.
- May act as team leader on less complex projects.
- Assists in training/mentoring less experienced developers.
- Able to perform to responsibilities utilizing agile or waterfall software development methodologies.
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more related experience; Masters and seven (7) or more related experience.
- Possess a strong web, graphical, and/or communications background.
- Experience with assessment of user environments and their requirements, and identification of development constraints.
- Experienced implementing and integrating Agile and DevOps methodology in an enterprise IT environment
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle database development, custom .NET/Java applications, Remedy, SharePoint, and Open Source software.
- Proven ability to understand a customer's needs.
- Experience developing technical requirements based on business imperatives.
- Candidate must currently possess and be able to maintain an Active Secret.
- Must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
My SAIC Benefits.