AWS CloudFormation provides an easy declarative way to create, deploy and manage applications and infrastructure in the AWS cloud. The CloudFormation teams are pioneers in the "Infrastructure as Code" space. We develop distributed systems that spin up infrastructure across AWS at unprecedented scale. This would have an impact in shaping our resource framework that allows CloudFormation to provision hundreds of AWS services. We are looking for full stack developers to join our amazing team, who excel in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment where we love pushing the boundaries to innovate, learn while we design and develop new software.
You'll get to learn, grow and work with amazing team to:
• Design/develop/iterate developer tools and services that are used by thousands of AWS users.
• Work with and learn many different technologies every day including Java, REST, Go, Python etc..,
• Deeply own the full stack and entire lifecycle of our products, from the roadmap to the design/architecture to implementation and continuous iterative development and deployment of both services and web apps.
• Interface closely with internal and external customers to quickly drive new products and new features.
As a key developer on the team, you will help design and implement core components that contribute to our open source ecosystem for CloudFormation CLI experiences. This opportunity will enable you as a conduit to innovate on CLI experiences with rest of the open source community and take things to achieve greater goals and heights.
The CloudFormation team values work-life balance. Most days, our entire team is co-located in the Seattle office, but we're also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 5pm. About half of us come in earlier and the other half of us stay later. We are builder-operators of our services at AWS and have an on-call rotation where you'll participate once every 5-6 weeks. We work together to reduce our on-call load by ensuring that our systems are fault tolerant, and resolve the root cause of an issue so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
This position involves on-call responsibilities typically 2 weeks (one week as Primary and another week as Secondary) for every 2 months. We work diligently to ensure our systems are fault tolerant. When we get paged, we work together to resolve root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal life.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline.
• 5+ years of professional software development experience
• 5+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements, underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines with optimal solutions.
• 2+ years of experience with open source technologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.