At Schwab, we aim to transform people's lives by changing the way the world invests. We design innovative investing solutions for the consumer on Main Street and take pride in our consumer-focused culture of quality and excellence. We are in the midst of re-architecting and rebuilding our core enterprise software platforms to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. Our software engineers are hands-on developers who excel in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment. We are passionate about developing high quality, high performance, and scalable software. Sound like a team you'd like to be a part of? Let's connect!
The successful candidate will have a track record of success and passion for the space, leading the team to the next level of test automation excellence. Our engineers are driven to learn, grow, and continuously contribute to evolving the Schwab experience and technology. What you are good at
What you have
- Collaborate with Automation experts to plan, design, mange, report and prioritize software test automation solutions with Dev and QA engineers across the broader organization.
- Promote excellent development practices for coded test frameworks, to include conducting code reviews and source control management.
- Support multiple agile product teams to craft test automation strategies and execution
- Support Quality Assurance and testing teams through script automation for web services, APIs, middleware, UI, etc. Evaluate new technology or processes to support sustainable, continuous test automation
- Demonstrate programming ability in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) through creation and maintenance of automation scripts through various programming languages supported by the firm.
- Partner with development and other team members, provide technical guidance and work closely with offshore QA Automation teams to create agile test automation solutions, accelerating Schwab's SDLC processes and meeting critical business objectives.
- Maintain tools used in the Automation development including source control, test management and release systems
- Mentor peers and staff on test engineering for QA, network with other automation teams within Schwab and derive automation best practices for continuous improvement.
- Experience working with resources in different geographical locations and offshore vendors.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field
- 6+ years in Software Quality Assurance, with an emphasis on hands on application test automation experience in participating and/or leading Automation QA delivery of software projects, preferably in a regulated industry
- Passion for building solutions through automation, driven by innovation and commitment to lifelong learning
- Strong programming, debugging, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills including ability to disseminate complex ideas in a simplified fashion
- 2+ years of experience with Service Oriented Architecture Quality Assurance, and thorough knowledge of testing API orchestration layers and Understanding of QA practices (black box testing, risk-based testing, system testing, regression testing, exploratory testing practices)
- Strong technical competency in Java
- Expert in test automation tools like JMeter, BlazeMeter, Postman, selenium or other industry leading tool sets
- Team player with excellent communication skills (oral and written) to partner technically with Application Architects, Development, QA/Testing organizations and Business teams
- Experience in developing or influencing the development of automated framework(s) for enterprise level functional and regression testing is preferable
- Working knowledge of Agile, Iterative development process is essential
- Knowledge of chatbot and Intelligent Assistant practices and terminology is a big plus, but not required as long as you have an interest in becoming an expert. We will be happy to teach you.
- Real-Time Messaging interfaces such as RabbitMQ is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment Exposure to a regulatory environment (like Banking & Finance or Health care etc.) domain is a plus
- Hands on experience with DevOps and Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins/Bamboo/GIT etc.) is preferred
- Acceptance test-driven development (ATDD) or Behavior Driven Development (BDD) using Gherkin languages like Cucumber is a plus
- Experience testing applications running on Cloud environment is a plus.