Why Housecall Pro?
- Housecall Pro is a mission-driven company - we champion the Service Pro to success.
- We are tackling a large market ($700b+) generally underserved by technology and unencumbered by a dominant competitor.
- Competitive compensation and benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employee assistance program, 401K) that start on day 1.
- Our passionate employees bring their authentic selves to work. Housecall Pro employees are encouraged to create employee resource groups to make the world better (think volunteering and philanthropy).
- Equity in a growth stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.
- Paid holidays and self-managed take-it-as-you-need-it paid time off.
- Opportunity to come onboard with a team that is experiencing high growth with ability to explore different career paths.
Our Engineering team is extraordinary. We’re a hardworking and focused team driven to deliver industry-leading apps to our service professional customers. Our success is their success. Our team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused team members are the "engine room" of Housecall Pro, helping our customers operate and grow their businesses.
The Role: Sr. Ruby/RoR Software Engineer, API Developer
With a burgeoning app store and more companies requesting to integrate every day, we’re looking for the next Senior Ruby/ROR Software Engineer to build, shape, and support our public API. You will be responsible for the development and refinement of our public API, documentation, as well as communication with third party developers to ensure their success when integrating, while protecting Housecall Pro’s data and interests.
You are the right person for this role if you are: curious and a critical thinker, passionate about helping others, and great at maintaining relationships. You are self-motivated. You are a team player and goal-oriented. You are a risk-taker and not afraid to break the rules in order to prove something you believe in.
What you'll be doing
- Develop, document, and deploy updates to Housecall Pro’s public API, built on Ruby/RoR
- Support and communicate with third party developers
- Identify and mitigate potential API risks
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Work with product management to refine initial concepts features that deliver customer delight
- Build and execute a high velocity of smart, highly performant server side A/B tests to increase business metrics
- Stay up to date with new Growth and Personalization tools
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Develop and maintain code quality standards and enforce them across the team
- Continually introduce architectural improvements and refactorings to the code baseline
- Write automated tests at the appropriate architectural level
- Conduct code reviews and architectural reviews for features developed by other members of the team
- Lead feature teams in their weekly iterations
- Maintain and improve our continuous integration and development environments
- Ability to work at a fast pace with a drive to quickly deliver value to our customers
- BS, MS or Ph.D in a computer science / computer engineering program
- 3-10 years industry experience developing commercial Ruby/RoR applications
- 1-2 years experience leading teams and performing code reviews
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
- Strong proficiency with continuous integration/continuous deployment
Founded in 2013, Housecall Pro has become the leader in the field service management software space. We are committed to improving home service professionals’ business by providing solutions that support their success by delivering software that includes scheduling, dispatching, job management, invoicing, payment processing, and marketing. With over 200 employees in the US and over $50M raised in venture capital, we are growing our organization commensurate with our business opportunity and expect significant headcount growth in 2021.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees with equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Housecall Pro is an equal opportunity employer; committed to an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.