Our client is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer- IAM
The Senior Software Engineer- Identity and Access Management (IAM) is responsible for the design, configuration and development of the clients consumer Identity and Access Management system and other related application software within the clients Information Technology Enterprise group. The successful candidate will be a seasoned software engineer with leadership skills and extensive knowledge and experience in: designing, building, testing, and documenting complex/highly scalable capabilities and integrations.
The candidate will interact closely with project management, business analysts, test engineers and other software engineers to shape, identify, prioritize, and realize project requirements in the delivery of business solutions.
Successful candidates will have a comprehensive knowledge of web front-end and back-end development tools, technologies, practices, and standards; proven ability to integrate large scale systems or third party products; and a track record of delivering high-quality, web-based business solutions in a timely and effective manner.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
* Builds, tests, deploys and maintains production code for complex applications in a Java-based environment.
* Follows established coding standards and other group procedures, both individually and at a team level. Must ensure proper code reviews are held for the project and that development processes are followed.
* Contributes to the engineering team's culture of high code quality. Accountable for the quality of code that is delivered to QA and production.
* Works closely with project and business team to thoroughly understand the system requirements and ensure they are properly implemented. Also must seek ways to meet the underlying business requirements with low-cost, yet highly re-usable patterns and actively escalate requirements that may cause unnecessary risk or cost.
* Ensure that application code adheres to enterprise and industry standards and best practices, including performance and security standards.
* Gather feedback from design and technical staff on application development needs and patterns. Must be able to work with Enterprise Architecture group to propose and solicit approval of new architectural patterns including documentation and presentation of the architectural approach, benefits/limitations and other considerations (e.g. re-usability, security, performance, maintainability, etc.).
* Works closely with UI team to develop application front-end.
* Thorough understanding of implementing accessibility and progressive enhancement presentation layer coding practices. Works with Interface Design Architects to assure accessibility standards are met at a code level.
* Responsible for support of and coordinating with other Engineers, Architects and teams including other technology teams such as a User Experience team or infrastructure team.
* Provide Tier 2 application support as needed. Provide on-site application support during peak periods.
* At least 8 years of directly-related work experience in a professional position in software development or a related field.
* Expert-level understanding of Java/J2EE, Spring, Struts 2, and REST services.
* Expert-level knowledge of the design and implementation of the tiered web apps/services, using Tomcat and/or Weblogic.
* Must have working knowledge in deployment of cloud-based applications using AWS. AWS work experience is a plus.
* Experience with OAuth 2.0, SAML, and identity federation desired.
* Effective communication skills are a must along with a strong customer service orientation, and the ability to clearly discern client needs.
* Ability to effectively coordinate multiple responsibilities simultaneously, with fast, flexible work style.
* Experience working in an Agile/ Scrum a significant plus.
* Experience with FTL a plus
* Bachelor's degree required.