This is a dual role of Software Engineer / Scrum Master. Details of each role are outlined below!!
As a Software Engineer, you will develop integrated solutions, modernizing, consolidating and coordinating independently-designed applications to meet business needs. Partnering with Architecture and in keeping with development best practices, you will analyze business/functional specifications to deliver quality applications/systems while minimizing cost and optimizing maintainability. In converting high-level architectural design into detailed application design, you will provide estimates, evaluate software, make buy vs. build recommendations, and establish development environments. Working from project requirements, you will provide/validate estimates, create detailed development phase project plans, and prepare/maintain application/systems documentation. Above all, you are a strategic thinker; you take ownership of issues, moving between diverse tasks with cooperation and persistence to motivate and bring out the best in those around you.
Essential Duties for Software Engineering Role:
• The primary skill set for the Software Engineer should include JAVA, CSS, Node.js, Object Oriented Design Patterns, React.js, Redux, RESTful API, SOAP, SQL, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Jenkins, AZURE, AWS and Informatica.
• Having an agile mindset and working with Agile Principles, Scrum, JIRA is required
• Support would also include vendor packages in this area. Any knowledge with networking (system process/integration) or PC/LAN knowledge is a plus.
• Campus Event & Experiences is growing in the need for technical development and support with new vendors and technologies being driven by Tower & Commons and our Multiple Campuses.
In addition to the software engineer role, this candidate will also serve as Scrum Master for the team. In this role, you will be accountable in Leading the team through all the team ceremonies and working with the Product Owner to understand what is important to them and what work can/should be prioritized. Guides rather than drives teams toward objectives, goals, and continuous improvement. Candidate should have great communication skills and be motivated to provided great service to clients.
Essential Duties for Scrum Master Role:
• Initiates and fosters collaboration, communication, and team building
• Works inside and outside of the team to remove impediments in the organization so that the team can remain focused on achieving its goals
• Facilitates team and promotes relentless improvement
• Helps assure the team follows Scrum, XP, and Agile best practices and product development processes
• Helps the team achieve and improve in areas including quality, predictability, flow, and velocity
• Facilitates Scrum, XP, Agile and SAFe rituals including Daily Stand Up, Sprint Planning, Refinement and Retro's.
• Maintain relevant metrics that help the team and program see how they are doing
• Balances changes in direction or requirements while protecting the team so the team can achieve committed objectives
• Maintains a positive demeanor during periods of uncertainty, pressure, and conflict
• Acts as a model for addressing conflict and barriers to collaboration
• Demonstrates servant leadership, facilitating and coaching rather than directing
• Works to empower teams and individuals
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com