With shared vision and purpose, we will drive organizational change and effectiveness through a focus on staff and team development, accountability, and equity and inclusion.
To help coordinate the utilization of the data processing resources of the union and to provide assistance in the design and use of the Unions Information Systems. This position emphasizes the automated processing of Employer Provided data into a Membership Database (MSSQL) and to feed that processed data to other systems that directly support the mission of the Union.
- Work with a Membership database (MSSQL) including analyzing staff and other system needs for reports and data. Creating, maintaining, and documenting automated processes, SQL queries and stored procedures to manage those data needs.
- Participate and assist with the preparation and implementation of systems that will move and integrate data between the Membership Database (MS SQL), Salesforce and other external systems.
- Oversee the collection and processing of Employer provided Membership and Financial Data.
- Assist in the timely creation and reporting of legally required information to State and/or Federal Agencies.
- Write and make changes to queries, stored procedures and programs using SQL and other languages as future operations require for data processing. Make coding changes to conform to new file formats and data elements as needed.
- Monitor System resources keeping the system as efficient as possible and maintain system integrity. Troubleshoot problem programs and systems, correct problems and recommend solutions.
- Design, test and implement the automation of manual tasks.
- Design new tables in existing databases as additional data needs require.
- Design new databases and other data infrastructure as future needs require.
- Develop and maintain data dictionaries and support documentation which defines data elements and file structures and how they interface with application programs.
- Develop naming conventions for data dictionary for ease of maintenance and end user interpretation when requesting new programs.
- Process special and routine imports, reports, labels or other output. keeping within required deadlines and documenting when the task was completed and how long it took.
- Provide relevant training and technical assistance to other staff.
- Cooperatively participate in teams, when assigned, for development and design of database programs on the network for user access and data manipulation.
- Treat all users (Staff and Members) in a professional and respectful manner.
- Participate in union-wide membership drives, political campaigns and other field activities as assigned. This may include worksite visits, phone banking, house visits, door-to-door canvassing and literature drops. These activities may be required after regular business hours or on weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
Office or remote at your preference, this position does not require any regular in person work and can be done remotely. The workweek is Monday through Friday plus weekend work as needed. The workday may begin before and extend beyond normal office hours depending on the demands of the assignment.
Pay and Benefits: Positions provide comprehensive fully paid health, dental and vision benefits for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, generous holiday and leave policies, a severance package, a monthly car and cell phone allowance, and a 15% employer-paid defined contribution 401K. Compensation range is based on experience $62,040-$88,224 annually.