What you'll be doing…
Help us deliver Tableau’s unique user experience out into a vast ecosystem of other business software. You will play a key role in enabling users to understand data and share their insights throughout their organization. We expect hundreds of thousands of people to use your work inside businesses when analyzing data, and hundreds of millions to use it on the public Internet when sharing and interacting with data-rich stories. We are passionate about building easy to use, beautiful, well-structured products that delight our customers, and we strive to do so with code and technologies that are high- quality, modern, maintainable, and elegant. Help us fulfill a mission that really matters to the world!
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
Who you are…
- Bringing the power of Tableau to more users as we expand our product and platform offerings.
- Evolving Tableau’s experience to use fast and fluid rendering and interaction technologies without losing the ability to let users ask deep, complex questions.
- Designing and tuning novel approaches for high performance across devices and networks.
- Innovating in our core technologies to allow Tableau users to see, understand, and "reach out and touch" their data in new and interesting ways.
- Technical. You're fluent in commonly used design patterns and can constructively review the work of others to ensure high quality. You have a strong understanding of computer architectures relevant to multi-tier applications.
- Passionate. You have a passion for solving complex problems, be they at work or in your spare time on your own projects. You do great work even when no one is watching. The drive to deliver is just a part of you.
- Relentlessly High Standards. You understand what it takes to write software that is used by thousands or millions of people. You love writing things that "just work" - things that are robust, scalable, and perform well. You thrill in your accomplishments but also know it's about doing and improving.
- A True Team Player. You enjoy collaborating, learning from and teaching others so we can all become better developers. You assume good intent in others, and actively do your part to make a positive work environment.
- Need for speed. You can analyze systems, find bottlenecks and leverage best practices to improve performance.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.