Tableau introduced the world to self-service data visualization by replacing paper reports with dynamic, interactive data visualizations to help people see and understand data. Tableau Maps introduces another way for customers to gain unique insights with their spatial data that cannot otherwise be seen. Come join a tight knit team that brings spatial data to life and enables location-driven problem-solving. What you'll be doing…
You will design and build software and services to support analysis and visualization of geographic data in Tableau. As a senior software engineer, you will be working in C++ to deliver scenarios across the client-side platform. You will have an opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects, such as building expressive UI, updating core backend components, and updating our database and service connectivity tier. You understand the performance implications of code, how to write it, how to measure it, and how to improve it. Who you are…
- Experienced . You have 7+ years of experience writing code in a professional environment. You have strong working knowledge of C++, or other object-oriented languages like Java or C#. Algorithmic thinking and knowing the right data structures to use is second nature to you, even in difficult situations. Scripting experience, like python, would be an asset.
- Spatial . You love maps, and bonus if you have experience with GIS and/or solving geospatial data problems.
- Technically Proficient . You have a passion for solving complex problems and you push to produce the best experience for our users. You are self-driven and pro-active and you hold yourself to a high-bar.
- Flexible . You are able to move across process and component boundaries written in different languages to get the job done.
- Relentlessly High Standards . You believe in automation and writing tests for your own code as a way of maintaining high quality in your products. You understand what it takes to write software that is used by thousands or millions of people. You are uncompromising in quality and the testability of your code.
- A True Team Player . You enjoy collaborating, learning from or teaching others so we can all become better developers.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.