Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
You ll play a key role on the New Product Introduction (NPI) Test Engineering team to enable the manufacture a new generation of surgical robots. You will develop the manufacturing test and diagnostic systems and software that assure the performance and safety of robot subsystems. The position will require close collaboration with product development teams, systems analysts, electrical test fixture engineers, manufacturing engineers, and quality engineers to build a test strategy and develop software. This is a systems engineering position with an emphasis on software development.
- Take ownership of manufacturing test fixtures, software and test system quality
- Lead small cross-functional teams to drive projects to completion
- Develop a deep technical understanding of product operation, control and testing algorithms
- Design, document, and qualify test systems and software for use in manufacturing new robot subsystems
- Work independently to overcome roadblocks with minimum guidance
- Troubleshoot production line issues
- Improve the manufacturing test capability through new technology, software and analytics
Skills and Experience:
- A degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or similar field relating to robotics and electro-mechanical systems
- 8+ years of experience in applications development, embedded systems, manufacturing engineering / test engineering / diagnostics software
- User interface design and development for Windows PC or Web applications
- Must be an expert in object-oriented Python
- Demonstrated technical leadership
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Drives projects to completion
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent ability to communicate complex concepts to engineers in different functional areas
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Intellectually curious and passionate
- High emotional intelligence and solid people skills
Additional Experience Desired:
- Computer Science minor or degree
- Work in a medical device company or product manufacturing environment
- Automated device or product testing
- Familiarity with Matlab, SQL database
- Manufacturing analytics and statistical process control (SPC)
- Experience developing robotic or electro-mechanical systems, including control systems and mechatronics
All applications are submitted online through our career website. Please visit or click the apply now button below.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.