What will you get to work with?
* AngularJS, and Bootstrap
* Java Script, HTML and CSS
* CSS preprocessors such as LESS
* Grunt, Bower or Karma
* RESTful services via JSON
* e2e test cases using tools such as Protractor
* Agile, Scrum, Sprints, TDD
What will you do in this role?
* Perform detailed technical design, development and unit testing of complex applications and data in the context of projects, releases or production support
* Participate in prototyping of potential solutions
* Plan and conduct unit and integration tests to meet IT's unit test coverage goals, monitors test results
* Perform code reviews of other developers
* Implement coding assignments within estimates
* Collaborate effectively with members of development team who are located onsite, offsite and offshore
* Perform troubleshooting and debugging of routine issues
* Provide accurate estimates of developer effort needed for implementation of specific functional and non-functional requirements
* Follow agile or other software development methodologies as needed on specific assignments, IT existing processes and SDLC.
* Contribute to IT's process improvement efforts by participating in Developers Community of Practice activities, and assisting the community with creation of process and template artifacts
* Participates in continuous process improvement, development and institutionalization of technical standards and their implementation on all assigned projects.
* Collaborates with Business Units' subject-matter-experts (SMEs) and Business Analysts in order to perform technical analysis, determine scope and estimate level of effort for implementation of functional and non-functional requirements.
What will you gain?
* Chance to work with a progressive and collaborative team of developers and architects
* Ability to explore a variety of technologies and skills
* Opportunity to mentor junior developers and improve leadership skills
* Experience working with Solutions architects in architecture analysis and development
Opportunity to be a contributing voice in improving process, development and technical standards
If a bachelor-s degree is required, related work experience may be substituted in some positions. One year of college course work at an accredited institution is equivalent to one year of related work experience.
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative-- Action Employer. The AAMC is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. The AAMC will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Please attach a resume as part of the application process. It is important that files DO NOT include periods ( . ) within the file name.
BROWSER REQUIREMENTS: Applications must be submitted using Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer v.10 or higher.