It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business. The Role
The Cloudmark division delivers the market-leading messaging security platform for Tier 1 service providers. Our solutions analyze over twenty billion emails a day, keeping scams and malware out of inboxes while protecting end-user privacy. Filtering traffic at this volume empowers us to collect and analyze mountains of data on connecting IPs, URLs, and data fingerprints. Now part of the Proofpoint family, we're setting our sights on the next generation of the solution that made Cloudmark the name the biggest service providers trust. We're looking for an experienced developer to play a key role evolving the Cloudmark backend systems into the linchpin of this next-gen solution. The ideal person will work out of our convenient South of Market office in San Francisco, California location.
- Passionate about stopping internet malefactors
- A resourceful and creative problem solver
- Motivated to learn new technologies and immediately apply them to your work this job is ideal for you.
What you bring to the team
- Design and implement services to analyze and distribute data on backend systems
- Architect designs for scalability, efficiency, and reliability
- Collaborate with frontline and operations engineers to respond to emerging threats
- Develop strategies to address long-term message abuse trends
- Create new solutions using Golang, Google BigQuery, Elasticsearch and Kibana, Couchbase, and AWS
- 8 or more years of software industry experience
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science or related field
- Understanding and experience with data structures and algorithms
- Demonstrated ability to optimize throughput, latency, and memory use
- Strong coding skills, preferably in Golang, C, and/or Perl
- Current experience using the Linux command-line toolset (grep, sed, awk, bash, etc)
- Ability to write and understand sophisticated regular expressions
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL preferred), distributed document stores (Elastic, Couchbase) and/or Google BigQuery a plus
- Experience with AWS a plus
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!