Senior Software Engineer - .NET / C#
Explore the human side of data at XpertHR, https://www.xperthr.com/
XpertHR, a LexisNexis Risk Solutions Company, is hiring for an experienced Senior Software Engineer - .NET C# to be a strong contributor on our US Development Squad, located in a Hybrid environment in New Providence NJ. The Engineer selected for this exciting new role performs complex research, design, and software development assignments within a software functional area or product line; provides direct input to project plans, schedules, and methodology in the development of cross-functional software products with focus on initiatives for Driving Behavior Expansion initiative; performs software design across multiple system; trains and mentors junior developers; talks to users/customers and translates requests into solutions.
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall, SDLC, etc.)
- Strong proficiency and ability with, but not limited to, the following: Data manipulation language including optimization techniques; normalized/dimensional data modeling principles; multiple data storage subsystems; using and developing applicable tool sets; test-driven development; completing complex bug fixes; writing and reviewing portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components
- Expertise in software development languages including but not limited to: .Net Framework, .Net Core, C#, WebAPI, Angular, Python, JQuery, HTML, JSON, XML, SQL, Windows, UNIX
- Strong research skills with knowledge of industry software development best practices
- Ability to interface competently, and work well with, internal and external technical personnel, team members, resources for finalizing requirements and other development-related activities.
- Good organizational and oral and written communications skills
- Desirable to have experience in AI/ML and have understanding of Text Manipulation techniques etc.
- 6 Month plus experience in development work using Python
- Perform software development including: Write and review portions of detailed specifications for development of complex system components; resolve complex technical issues and bug fixes; and design and work with complex data models
- Work with development team to understand complex product requirements and translate into software designs
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders
- Work and Collaborate with Data Architect/Scientists to understand the complex Data models
- Train junior software engineers as required, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles. Additionally, mentor junior developers on development topics (i.e. methodologies, optimization techniques, etc)
With over 10,000 resources at our disposal, we provide indispensable industry information for the HR sector across the UK, the US and the Netherlands. We empower organizations to make the right decisions around their people. At the same time, we’re creating an inclusive, people-focused environment of our own. A culture where individuals with ambition, curiosity and ideas can make an impact. Where you can think big, aim high and explore more.