This is initially a six-month contract, with a high probability it will be extended for an additional 12 to 18 months after that.
Please, no third parties.
Only Southern California candidates will be considered.
This is an opportunity to work on industry-leading software at a stable company based in San Diego. As a hands-on .NET Developer for one or more the company’s core software products, the Senior Software Engineer will participate in all tasks related to requirements gathering, risk analysis, unit testing, and software implementation.
Skills & Requirements:
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment(s).
- Ability to adapt and change development methodology as needed.
- Exceptional communication, listening and negotiating skills.
- Strong CS Fundamentals (OOP, Data Structure, Algorithms, etc.).
- Strong C# .NET development background.
- Experience with .NET Testing tools (MSTest, Nunit, Moq, etc.)
- Experience with LINQ, lambdas, generics, Async/Await, Threads.
- Experience with .NET SQL, including ADO.NET, ORMs/MicroORMs (e.g. Dapper).
- Strong knowledge and experience with either desktop or server application architecture.
- Experience with WinForms/WPF, Window Services.
- Experience with Web Server Technology (REST/MVC/Web API/ASP.Net).
- Willing to adhere to coding standards; familiar with tools that promote better coding. (i.e. ReSharper).
- Experience with recent Visual Studio.
- Understanding of design patterns and their application (MVC, MVP, MVVM preferred).
- Proficient in writing SQL query statements.
- Understanding of transactions, functions, stored procedures, views.
- Proficient with joins and sub queries.
- Familiar with MS SQL DDL.
- Experience with various data interchange formats (i.e. XML, JSON, Protocol Buffers, etc.).
- Experience with web technologies/platforms (IIS, Kestrel, Apache/Nginx, etc.).
- Ability to use GIT.
- Able and motivated to participate in group discussions regarding code design and development.
- Ability to work successfully in both a collaborate environment, as well as independently.
- Able to write understandable user stories and acceptance tests.
- Willingness to learn new skills/methodologies.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration (CI/CD) and build management (Preferably TeamCity and/or Jenkins).
- Experience with Inversion of Control (IoC) and Dependency Injection (Autofac, Unity).
"Nice to Have" Skills:
- Experience with .NET Core is preferred.
- Python knowledge: unit test frameworks, API integration, automation testing, etc. preferred.
- DevOps experience or knowledge is preferred (best practices, current industry trends).
- Experience with Google Play Console and/or Apple Store submittal process is preferred.
- Mobile application development experience preferred.
tags: senior software engineer, programmer analyst, windows developer, winforms developer, winform developer, win forms developer, win form developer, web application developer, web applications developer, .net developer