IT DevOps Core team is looking for a highly motivated mid-level to senior engineer/developer to assist with public cloud automation to support initiatives around cloud cost and compliance policies. The Cloud Controls and Compliance Policies team is on the cutting edge of automating end-to-end IT Service delivery at Geico. We utilize modern development platforms and languages to develop custom solutions that bring cloud capabilities to our internal DevOps Application teams.
Well-qualified candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate ability to coordinate efforts across functional areas.Responsibilities include:
The approved candidate will work on automating the weekly policies using excellent PowerShell and C# coding skills. The audits can be existing or new requirements. Candidate will also communicate the audit results with management and ensure appropriate actions are taken to address the issues. The nature of audit will require candidate to have experience across different tools and technologies such as Azure, VSTS, IBM Cloud, MS Office, SQL Queries etc...Required Qualifications:
• Familiarity DevOps concepts
• Strong understanding of web servers and the web application hosting runtime.
• Understanding of Azure PaaS and IaaS services such as Cloud Services, IaaS VMs, etc...
• Familiarity with Active Directory, Windows Authentication, SAML, OAuth.
• Strong understanding of .Net Frameworks and associated runtime environments.
• Strong PowerShell scripting skills
• Experience using frameworks such as Aurelia, Angular, BootStrap, ASP.Net MVC, and WebAPI.
• Understanding of logical data modeling and a variety of data persistence technologies.
• Understanding and use of Visual Studio 2017, VS Code and VSTS GIT for source control.
• Understanding of Infrastructure as Code and practical application to virtualized Infrastructure (Logical compute, storage and network)
• Understanding of infrastructure concepts related to Hosting, Networks, IP Address Management, Firewalls, Certificates, Load Balancing and Reverse Proxy.Desired Qualifications:
• Object oriented programming skills and awareness SOLID design patterns a strong plus.
• Understanding of microservices
• Understanding or expertise in Containers a strong plus..
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux and the Java platform
• Must be able to, with or without accommodation, perform the essential functions which include, but are not limited to seeing, hearing, typing and speaking.
• Must be able to use a PC.
• Must be able to follow complex instructions, resolve conflicts or facilitate conflict resolution, and have strong organization/priority setting skills.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Must be able to learn and apply large amounts of technical and procedural information, and to follow published standards and processes.
• Must be knowledgeable of infrastructure tools and management techniques and able to follow standards and processes that have been published.
• Must be able to provide systems training to team members as needed.
• Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise, professional oral or written manner, to be understood by customers, clients, co-workers and other employees of the organization.
• Must be able to perform under pressure and stressful situations.
• May be required to be on call for production support 24x7.
• Must be able to concentrate and demonstrate a capacity to learn new technical concepts and to adapt to new technologies quickly. #LI-ME1 #DI-ME
The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO's highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Chevy Chase, MD office
For more than 75 years, GEICO has
stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's
largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding
service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated
and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire
Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially
stable and rewarding workplace.Benefits
:As a full-time
Senior Software Engineer, you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* to
help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being,
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be
different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may
include length of service.**Coverage begins with
the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days
of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background
checks on applicants who accept employment offers.How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to
complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone
number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once
you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your
application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least
the past five years.