IT DevOps Core Team i
s looking for a highly motivated senior engineer/developer
to assist with public cloud automation to support initiatives around cloud cost and compliance policies. The Cloud Controls and Compliance Policies team is on the cutting edge of automating end-to-end IT Service delivery at Geico. We utilize modern development platforms and languages to develop custom solutions that bring cloud capabilities to our internal DevOps Application teams.
Well-qualified candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and demonstrate the ability to coordinate efforts across functional areas.Responsibilities include:
The approved candidate will work on automating the weekly policies using excellent PowerShell and C# coding skills. The audits can be existing or new requirements. The candidate will also communicate the audit results with management and ensure appropriate actions are taken to address the issues. The nature of audit will require candidates to have experience across different tools and technologies such as Azure, VSTS, IBM Cloud, MS Office, SQL Queries, etc...Required Qualifications:
• Familiarity with DevOps concepts
• Strong understanding of web servers and the web application hosting runtime.
• Understanding of Azure PaaS and IaaS services such as Cloud Services, IaaS VMs, etc...
• Familiarity with Active Directory, Windows Authentication, SAML, OAuth.
• Strong understanding of .Net Frameworks and associated runtime environments.
• Strong PowerShell scripting skills
• Experience using frameworks such as Aurelia, Angular, BootStrap, ASP.Net MVC, and WebAPI.
• Understanding of logical data modeling and a variety of data persistence technologies.
• Understanding and use of Visual Studio 2017, VS Code and VSTS GIT for source control.
• Understanding of Infrastructure as Code and practical application to virtualized Infrastructure (Logical compute, storage and network)
• Understanding of infrastructure concepts related to Hosting, Networks, IP Address Management, Firewalls, Certificates, Load Balancing and Reverse Proxy.Desired Qualifications:
• Object oriented programming skills and awareness SOLID design patterns a strong plus.
• Understanding of microservices
• Understanding or expertise in Containers a strong plus..
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux and the Java platform
• Must be able to, with or without accommodation, perform the essential functions which include, but are not limited to seeing, hearing, typing, and speaking.
• Must be able to use a PC.
• Must be able to follow complex instructions, resolve conflicts or facilitate conflict resolution, and have strong organization/priority setting skills.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Must be able to learn and apply large amounts of technical and procedural information and to follow published standards and processes.
• Must be knowledgeable of infrastructure tools and management techniques and ability to follow standards and processes that have been published.
• Must be able to provide systems training to team members as needed.
• Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise, professional oral or written manner, to be understood by customers, clients, co-workers, and other employees of the organization.
• Must be able to perform under pressure and stressful situations.
• May be required to be on call for production support 24x7.
• Must be able to concentrate and demonstrate the capacity to learn new technical concepts and to adapt to new technologies quickly.
You can also check out our jobs on Linkedin, 195128L.Note:
The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO's highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Chevy Chase, MD office.Benefits:
As a full-time Senior Software Engineer - .NET, you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.