In 2015, SLING redefined America's relationship with live TV.
Five years later, we remain one of the country's most influential inventions and driving forces behind the cord-cutting phenomenon. We've achieved our success by filling our offices with people invested in the medium they're building.
Our teams are challenging the status quo and reimagining streaming capabilities. From product development to software design to big data and beyond, our people play vital roles in connecting consumers with the products and platforms of tomorrow. About the position
Sling TV, in American Fork, UT, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to develop it's Advanced Advertising platform.Primary responsibilities:
A successful Software Engineer will have the following
- Work with the Advanced Advertising team in disrupting how traditional advertising is done with live TV and create new capabilities and value for advertisers and viewers.
- Develop new products and features to improve the user experience with advertising on the SlingTV platform.
- Participate in code reviews from other developers to insure quality, stability, and overall architecture of our code base.
- Research and prototype to provide insight about potentially beneficial technologies and specific industry solutions.
- 5 or more years of back-end development using web-based technologies.
- 3 or more years of experience in C++ and Python.
- 3 years developing with SQL databases.
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, design patterns, and software engineering principles.
- Commitment to principles of code excellence: unit testing, automated testing, peer code-reviews, and continuous integration.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly & concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to collaboratively work through technical issues in a professional manner, making design considerations and trade-offs as needed.
- Desire to thrive in and contribute to a collaborative team environment.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent professional engineering experience.
- Experience with OTT Advertising platforms and Dynamic Ad Insertion
- Experience with data collectors and data visualizations
- Experience developing backend microservices
- Experience with live video streaming delivery
- Experience with Git & Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.)
- CI / CD tools: Kubernetes / Docker / Salt Stack / Jenkins / AWS
- CI / CD & DevOps Culture
Compensation: $99,360.00/Yr. - $157,665.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.