Redhorse Corporation is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer, AI/Machine Learning (ML) Infrastructure, to join our team. The initial work location for this position is in the National Capital Region (NCR). There is potential for a relocation of this position during the period of performance to a city outside of the NCR.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with fellow engineers, commercial, governmental, and academic partners to design and deliver solutions that make it possible to take a prototype and move it into ongoing production use at scale, build flexible pipelines that can rapidly evolve to handle new technologies and modeling approaches, and help AI/ML researchers reproduce their research, be more collaborative, and focus more on modeling and less on engineering.
- Collaborate with platform, product/mission, and security teams, and enable successful use of infrastructure and foundational services, e.g., by prototyping UI/UXs for relevant teams to interact with the platform. Mentor and coach the technical teams.
- Understand the needs of our internal teams and abstract problems and requests to build scalable software along with your partners in engineering and design.
Minimum Basic Requirements for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or a related field is required at a minimum; candidates with a Master’s Degree or a Ph. D. are highly preferred
- 4+ years of relevant engineering work experience (e.g., building meaningful pieces of infrastructure such as data processing systems or distributed systems in a cloud computing environment, or developing and deploying your own ML models).
- Proven technical experience supporting the shipment of complex projects with multiple dependencies across teams.
- Exceptional engineering skills, including experience with large, high-scale enterprise applications.
- Exceptional AI skills, including strong understanding of statistics, probability, and algorithms that enable you to quickly come up with solutions that combine multiple information streams rationally, produce uncertainty estimates, or tailor standard techniques such as Conditional Random Fields or Deep Neural Nets to new domains.
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes, ECS, or Mesos.
- Experience in automation and build infrastructure in large scale and distributed environment.
- Understanding of the competitive landscape in enterprise big data and machine learning platforms.
- Interest or experience in applying machine learning to resource-constrained or communications-constrained devices.
- Interest or experience implementing tools to automate deployment, monitoring, and operations of the platform.
- Ability to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance up to the Top Secret SCI level
The work environment for this position requires an individual to be able to:
- Work sitting or standing at a desk or conference table for extended periods of time (1-3 hours), with the ability to shift positions while working: sit, stand, pace, adjust positioning in any of those without issue
- Use a telephone or other communications devices to communicate with co-workers, customers and stakeholders
- Move short distances in the office to collaborate with co-workers, attend meetings, greet visitors or retrieve documents from the printer
- Employ the social skills necessary for engagement and collaboration with team members, other co-workers, customers, and other stakeholders without hesitation or intimidation
Redhorse Corporation shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet Redhorse’s changing needs.
This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in Redhorse’s sole discretion.