Senior Software Engineer - Behavioral Health Organization
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 108 programs and over 3,500 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Employment Status: Full-Time
ABOUT THE JOB
You will be an integral part of Telecare’s special projects software development team. We are a fun, hardworking team that believes in modern development practices and team collaboration. We aspire to build tools that are flexible, scalable and make a direct difference in how our doctors, clinicians, and staff provide care and support to thousands of patients daily.
In this role, you will be responsible to design, develop and maintain features end to end using a variety of tools, technologies, and frameworks, including Web Services/APIs, ASP.Net MVC, C#,Net Core, jQuery, Angular and other supporting technologies. We have several new and ongoing projects including a web-based Telepsychiatry platform using embedded video calling APIs, e-signature APIs to support a core business need.
More about Telecare - http://www.telecarecorp.com/
• B.S. in Computer Science, STEM-related degree or combination of equivalent experience
• Four (4) years professional software development experience in a modern programming language such as C#, Java or similar
• Four (4) years of database design and modeling experience
• Four (4) years of SQL/T-SQL experience - must be able to write and debug complex SQL queries
• Solid understanding & demonstrated proficiency in object-oriented (OO) analysis and design principles and patterns
• Knowledge and understanding of SDLC using Agile principles
• Familiar with common source-control tools & methodologies
• Highly detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work well on a team as well as independently
• Must possess a highly-positive and service-oriented approach to working both internally and externally
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
• Strong understanding of technology with a natural inquisitiveness
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply Preferred:
• Experience working with REST APIs
• Experience with UI/UX design and development
• Experience with cloud development or at least an understanding of the Azure Cloud platform and services.
• Experience with Reporting tools like Microsoft SSRS and Crystal Reports
• Experience with SharePoint (on-premise or Online)
• Experience with healthcare technology services, with emphasis on behavioral health, public health or other human service settings
• Experience with Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems
• Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain business applications built with a variety of technologies and frameworks
• Write well-documented, testable, and high-quality code
• Liaison with Business Analysts and customers to analyze business requirements
• Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
• Maintain a working knowledge of new uses for and new features of the applications and underlying technical components
• Ensures that problems or system issues are prioritized and addressed in a timely manner and status is communicated to affected users and IT Management
• Communicate clearly, ensure instructions are clearly understood.
• Attends all team meetings
• Demonstrates a good rapport and cooperative working relationships with all members of the team; respond to co-workers expressing concerns and promote group morale
• Continually focuses on assigned tasks and seeks and implements improvements as necessary
• Demonstrates a knowledge of Telecare's customers including clients/residents, families and governmental agencies in all interactions and conduct
• Acts in a professional manner, always demonstrating respect and understanding of the community and fellow employees
• Completes and follows through with tasks and assignments, meet expected deadlines
• Stays current with the latest technical findings, new products, and software enhancements through trade journals, attendance at seminars and other means Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; able to effectively deal with diverse personalities
• Excellent oral and written ability
• Exceptional organizational skills and proven ability to manage projects and meet deadlines
• Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to translate loosely defined requirements into concrete report writing requirements
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, squat, twist, bend, reach, and carry items weighing 10 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition, and dexterity and to occasionally drive. Visual requirements include computers and books exposure.
EOE AA M/F/V Disability
Interested? - Apply Here - https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/TEL1006/JobBoard/2fcbb6f4-e717-17cb-9327-3dd87a55b08d/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=3b23b16c-3a54-4b42-896f-89cc31a20f60
1080 Marina Village Parkway, Suite 100 Alameda, CA, 94501