The Senior Software Engineer - DevOps will be responsible for executing an organizational DevOps transformation strategy through the introduction of new SDLC processes and technologies. Individuals that will be successful in this role will need to be able to use a combination of personal experience and industry best practices to solve a diverse set of people, process and technology challenges across multiple applications and technology stacks. This role also requires of individuals that they understand that they are an organizational agent for change and as such need to have the appropriate level of coaching and training experience.
This position will directly report in to the DevOps Center of Excellence (CoE) but indirectly report into a solution department executives and leaders to ensure the goals of optimizing an organization for speed, quality and process efficiency are met.
* Coach / train managers and teams within a department around DevOps inspired organizational design and software delivery practices
* Collaborates with architects and/or software consultants to ensure DevOps deliverables are in line with the target state for the solution.
* Assess an organizational and departmental maturity around appropriate software delivery methods including Source Code Management, Automated Build / Deployment, Test Automation, Artifact Management, Infrastructure Automation, Application Monitoring / Auditing
* Implement technical solutions using industry best practices and technologies
* Execute and track organizational key performance indicators (KPI) to reach the desired outcomes
* Assists in hiring, training, and developing talent for growth opportunities
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
* 7+ years of experience in software development or a related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement
* 5+ years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
* 4+ years of experience implementing Source Control Management, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration or Delivery based solutions at an enterprise scale
* 2+ years migrating existing software delivery processes to automated infrastructure via Private Cloud / Public Cloud solutions or Container based technologies
* 2+ years of experience implementing Infrastructure Automation for support numerous environments and technology stacks
* 2+ years of hands-on experience with Public and Private Cloud solutions
* 2+ years of hands-on experience working Puppet, Chef, Ansible or similar configuration automation solutions
* 2+ years working experience with Docker and Container Orchestration solutions (e.g. Docker Swarm, Kubernetes)
* 2+ years of experience with building and executing automated testing frameworks.
* Master's Degree Computer Science, CIS, or related field
* 3+ years of IT experience developing and implementing systems within an organization
* 3+ years of experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions
* 3+ years of experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework
* 5+ years of experience leading teams, with or without direct reports
* 5+ years of experience working with task tracking software (e.g., JIRA)
* Public cloud provider certification(s)
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE(r) 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Department: IT, Corporate