The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for specifying and developing novel software to control a medical device using high-voltage treatment pulses. Responsibilities include developing software from concept through controlled production release. You will play a critical role in an early-stage startup environment with a small R&D team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Specify, develop, and test software applications for an exciting and novel medical device in a fast-paced startup environment.
• Determine requirements from external and internal customers and write requirements documents.
• Produce high quality designs which satisfy requirements, including ISO/IEC and FDA regulations.
• Work with other engineering, manufacturing, clinical affairs, sales and marketing, and quality assurance staff coordinate development and testing of new products.
• Exhibit a great attitude as a team player who excels in a demanding start-up environment.
• Understand the company’s quality policy and quality system requirements applicable to tasks.
• Comply with company policies/procedures.
The candidate will be responsible for applications that interact with the clinical user. Securely communicate with cloud services and wireless devices (BT, NFC, WiFi, etc.), and interact with the real-time system controller. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• Extensive previous experience developing secure networked user-facing applications using C/C++/STL on BSD or Linux operating systems using x86 and Arm CPU platforms.
• Strong preference for candidates with Qt and QNX experience.
• Should have experience developing applications for safety-critical regulated industries (medical, industrial, automotive, aviation, etc.)
• Experience with several source code control & defect tracking applications (Git, Jira, Bugzilla, DevTrack, etc.)
• Experience with Visual Studio C#/.NET (or Mono on Linux) programming a plus for support/test code.
• Previous experience transitioning released software to manufacturing and subsequent support.
• Strong work ethic with a team-oriented mindset.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and writing skills.
• BS with 7+ years of experience developing software in the medical device industry. Startup experience a big plus.
Pulse Biosciences is a novel medical therapy company bringing to market its proprietary Nano-Pulse Stimulation™ (NPS™) platform. NPS is a novel, precise, non-thermal, treatment technology delivering nanosecond duration energy pulses that impact cells in treated tissue while sparing acellular tissue. NPS’s unique mechanism of action disrupts the functions of internal cell structures while maintaining the outer cell membrane initiating a cascade of events within the cell that results in regulated cell death. The novel characteristics of NPS’s mechanism of action has the potential to significantly benefit patients across multiple medical applications, including dermatology, the Company’s first planned commercial application. In pre-clinical studies, NPS has demonstrated an ability to induce immunogenic cell death in several cancer cell lines. The Company believes NPS may play a role in immuno-oncology as a focal tumor treatment that can initiate an adaptive immune response.
Pulse Biosciences, Inc. (PLSE, Nasdaq) corporate headquarters is located in Hayward, CA.
3957 Point Eden Way Hayward, CA, 94545Contact