As a Senior Software Engineer - Front End ReactJS you'll contribute to the administrative web applications that control our inmate tablets, video visitation stations, phones, and kiosks. The front-end is comprised of compiled JSX and a host of other libraries including Backbone. The back-end is a set of RESTful Ruby-on-Rails API's. At its core lies our robust search engine powered by our Elasticsearch data pipeline. Come help us change lives by bringing today's technologies into the world of corrections!
This position is based in the following GTL Offices: San Francisco, CA; Dallas, TX (Irving, TX, Fort Worth, TX, or Plano, TX), or Falls Church, VA (near Washington, DC area).
• Intimate understanding and command of our application architectures, data persistence patterns, build pipelines, and business rules.
• Participate in backlog grooming, story-mapping, sprint planning, sprint review, and retrospectives for the ad hoc teams assembled around said epics.
• Refine, estimate, and decompose user stories into technical implementation tasks in close collaboration with your peers.
• Create quality documentation, including flowcharts, diagrams, and written documentation describing features and functionality.
• Ensure that coded features and functionality meet requirements, including those related to system performance, response, redundancy, security, metrics, and tracking.
• Maintain excellent test coverage for every piece of code you write.
• Participate in Crucible code reviews by offering insightful feedback and direction to your peers.
• Serve as an escalation target for production issues.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; 4 years of equivalent experience in lieu of a degree.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience as a lead web application developer with mastery of the common protocols, paradigms, patterns, and expertise in the following technologies:
o React, Backbone, HTML5, CSS/LESS/SASS (Bonus points for Angular experience).
o RESTful API's (Bonus points for Ruby on Rails experience).
o Crucible, or similar code review and collaboration system.
o Git, Gitlab is a plus; Jenkins, Crucible, or similar tool is a plus.
o JIRA, or similar ticketing system.
o Experience in agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
o Experience deploying and maintaining production applications.
GTL, an innovation leader in correctional technology, education solutions that assist in rehabilitating inmates, and payment services solutions for government. GTL leads the fields of correctional technology, education, and government payment services with visionary solutions and customized products that integrate seamlessly to deliver security, financial value, and operational efficiencies while aiding inmate rehabilitation and reducing recidivism rates.
GTL is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.