About Digital Harbor:
Digital Harbor is a leading innovator of Composite Risk & Compliance solutions for the last decade. Digital Harbor offers Industry’s most advanced end-to-end Operational Intelligence Suite for detection, investigation, assessment and monitoring. Proven in some of the largest US Financial Institutions and Government Intelligence Agencies, Digital Harbor’s award winning Platform delivers Real-time Analytics, Case management and Dynamic dashboard technologies for Proactive Risk Management. Digital Harbor is currently one of the fastest growing solution providers for composite solutions in US Healthcare specializing in Medicare and Medicaid markets.
Telecommute/Virtual/Remote (USA only): Yes (Preferred location is Louisville, KY. Other locations will be considered based on experience.)
The Software Implementation Engineer will join a team of highly skilled professionals in the deployment of our enterprise software solution in into our own private cloud. The job requires you to be able to contribute as a lead engineer by managing the deployment and troubleshooting of complex software applications at the enterprise level. The position requires you to be able to work independently while coordinating with multiple technical teams. The implementation engineer will work within the scope of well-defined formal projects as well as separate individual self-managed implementations. Within the project scope you will be the project’s technical expert, and will provide coordination and guidance to other engineers. You will use a combination of your experience, and skills to identify opportunities for improvements in the enterprise delivery model. You will work to ensure the implemented product works as designed without defects. You will also work with product development teams to identify potential product improvements.
We are looking for an engineer who is passionate about technology, passionate about helping customers succeed, is passionate about quality, and truly enjoys what they do. The qualified candidate for Sr. Software Implementation Engineer position is someone who has a can-do attitude, is an innovative thinker, is accountable and is a leader.
- Responsible for deploying our enterprise solution in multiple environments.
- Interface with team members, product managers and engineers to solve business/functional deployment issues.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet the team goals.
- Provide troubleshooting and root cause analysis for production issues that are escalated to the engineering team.
- Participate in code reviews with talented software engineers and architects.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Conduct periodic on call duties using a follow-the-sun model.
- Act as a leader and role model for other DevOps implementation engineers.
- Strong experience with a database system such as MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Strong experience in creating, analyzing, and executing SQL scripts, triggers, stored procedures, and views. You should also understand industry best practices for security and efficiency with respect to the database systems.
- Understanding of EDI methodologies and ETL tools.
- Experience with installing, configuring and tuning databases to support various activities.
- Understand database backup and database restoration processes.
- Working knowledge of web application architectures and application servers such as JBOSS or Apache Tomcat.
- Experience with Microsoft and Linux/Unix Servers.
- Deep development and implementation experience with Java, XML, HTML, and related technologies is required.
- Experience leading or as a senior member of an enterprise DevOps team
- Experience in the role of Software Architect in the design on new enterprise solutions.
- Strong knowledge with Lean and Agile delivery methods and principals
- Understanding of object-oriented design and development experience.
- Strong desire to become a master of the company’s healthcare solutions.
- A strong ability to communicate effectively with customers.
- Availability to support customers in all USA time zones.
- Experience in building and configuring DB Clusters.
- Experience in AWS deployments.
- A working knowledge of Jackrabbit and document management systems.
- Ability to research data issues.
- Knowledge of testing techniques/methodologies and how to apply them.
- Ability to work well with a cross-functional and geographically dispersed team.
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Experience with Agile Software Development such as Scrum or Kanban.
- DevOps experience - collaboration between development, QA, and IT operations.
Experience and Education:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- 5+ years of related work experience.
- Self-motivated and knows how to get things done.
- Expert problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and work autonomously or as a member of a team.
- Hands-on and detail-oriented.
- Leadership, Accountable, Motivated, and Self Driven.
- Adaptive to Entrepreneurial high-growth environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Java: 1 year (Preferred)
- Software Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)