Cerner's Open Platform Development team is growing! We are working to create a robust, standards-based API ecosystem to extend the Cerner Millennium platform to third party developers. Leveraging HL7 SMART and FHIR standards, we are fostering a community of innovators working on some of today's toughest challenges in health care. Are you ready to join a fast-paced and highly collaborative team building a cutting-edge cloud-based platform?
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for building, deploying, and maintaining standards-based (SMART/FHIR) web services and/or frontend web applications. Your responsibilities will include designing, writing, testing, and reviewing code. You will also be expected to provide technical leadership to other engineers on the team through project work, knowledge sharing events and mentoring. Our open platform solutions are centrally deployed to a cloud-based environment where you will be involved in the operations, deployment, monitoring, and troubleshooting of our software in production. Cerner is a results-driven company and you will be expected to complete projects according to predetermined deadlines. You will play a lead role in an agile team that works with engineers of varying experience levels.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years of Software Engineering work experience
- Experience with building ReSTful web services
- Experience with building web applications
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Apigee Edge platform
- Experience with automated testing frameworks
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Must be residing or willing to relocate to Kansas City, MO
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Relocation Assistance Available for this Job:
Yes - Domestic/Regional
Virtual Eligible Job
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important - people's health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.EEO is the Law (English)E-Verify Participation (English)Right to Work (English)EEO is the Law (Spanish)E-Verify Participation (Spanish)Right to Work (Spanish)