Senior Software Engineer - Motor Controls - Towson MD OR Huntersville, NC
We Don't Just Build The World, We Build Innovative Technology Too.
Come Build The World With Us
This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights. Who We Are
We're the World's largest tool company. We're industry visionaries. We're solving problems and advancing the manufacturing trade through innovative technology and our Industry 4.0 Initiative. We are committed to ensuring our state-of-the-art "smart factory" products and services provide greater quality to our customers & greater environmental and social value to our planet. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company. Who You Are
You're a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You're creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You're agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You also have:
What You'll Do
- BSEE, BSCS, BSCE or equivalent (4 years) from accredited computer/electrical engineering college
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in embedded system (bare metal) design
- Extensive knowledge of developing embedded 8bit/16bit/32bit microcontrollers in C, C++, or ASM. Experience with ARM architectures preferred. Experience with assembly language coding is a plus.
- Experience with closed loop control and feedback systems for AC and BLDC motors
- Familiarity with lithium ion battery powered systems.
- Experience with common motor control techniques, including sensored and sensorless trapezoidal control.
- Understanding of common microcontroller peripherals such as: timers, GPIO, watchdog, ADC, UART, DMA.
- Strong understanding of embedded software concepts, including: hard real time processing, process scheduling, cooperative multitasking, interrupt processing, race conditions, RTOS.
- Familiar with software development processes and controls (static analysis, distributed version control, unit testing, bug tracking).
- Experience with debugging (either with in-circuit debugger or by other means)
- Ability to discover and implement creative or innovative ideas and inspire others to do so.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to influence the organization and to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Foster and maintain a high level of integrity in all aspects of work.
- Ability to travel and interface with overseas electronic contract manufacturers and provide technical direction to obtain quality electronics assemblies for tool production.
- Ability to accomplish unrelated objectives concurrently.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Motor Controls, you'll:
Benefits & Perks
- Partner with business leaders on data analytics use cases to drive advance analytics within the business.
- Assist in supporting data science and advanced analytics solutions that bring the right access to the right data at all times.
- Support projects that develop and maintain leading-edge methodology and tool capabilities for delivering Advanced Analytics solutions.
You'll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners. What You'll Also Get
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren't linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies.SBD, a Fortune 200 companyis a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.