The Bethesda.net team is seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to contribute to the Bethesda Softworks Digital Publishing Platform. This role focuses on feature development that support online game features, administrative tools, web, and mobile applications.
For service development, you will mostly use Python or Go, and we have a strong focus on AWS Managed services to accelerate development. However, other solutions are adopted as needed (open source preferred). Our systems are running at scale 24x7, and all engineers participate in architecture discussions, live support, and our continuous improvement processes.
We are always exploring ways to improve our scale, reliability, and efficiency, and engineers are expected to learn and support new technologies, as well as propose new solutions that solve observed problems. Responsibilities
- Guide the technical development of complex features under the direction of a Lead Software Engineer
- Write clean, maintainable code that is scalable, reliable, and observable
- Support systems in a 24x7 environment including troubleshooting, hot fixing, and root cause analysis
- Actively provide code review and feedback for other developers
- Learn new technologies and programming languages as needed
- Ensure consistency with security policy standards and security plan
- Understand and define infrastructure as code to support systems developed
- Collaborate with other engineers and engineering teams to deliver high quality, complex systems this includes Ops Infra, Security, QA, NOC, and Game Developers
- Coach and mentor engineers
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 years of experience as a software engineer
- Possess a strong technical background and deep knowledge of software engineering principles, exceptional problem solving, design, programming, and testing skills
- Experience with version control systems (Github preferred)
- Experience supporting live systems at very high scale
- Customer focused design of APIs and integration requirements; make integration easy
- Experience integrating online services
- Good working knowledge of message brokers (Kinesis, NATS, SQS), Databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB) and caching technologies (Memcached/Redis)
- Deep understanding of Golang or Python and how it operates under challenging conditions
- The desire to learn new languages and technology
- A pragmatic approach to providing engineering solutions that solve business needs
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strongly desire Golang experience
- Strongly desire experience building cloud infrastructure and operating live systems
- Experience working in cross functional teams
- Experience working with microservices architecture
- Experience with RPC protocols including gRPC and jRPC
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do - from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.