As a Senior Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails, you'll be working on our payment platform and contribute to a wide array of applications and services including web, kiosk and IVR. We have applications written in Ruby on Rails, React, and Angular and are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with strong expertise in backend development. At our system's core lies a robust search engine powered by Elasticsearch and our data pipeline.
You're a great fit for our engineering team if you are a leader, self-managed, motivated, passionate about what we do and how you can contribute to it, and constantly on the look-out for better ways to do things. Come join us and turn your talent into technology that changes lives!
• Intimate understanding and command of our application architectures, data persistence patterns, build pipelines, and business rules.
• Participate in backlog grooming, story-mapping, sprint planning, sprint review, and retrospectives for the ad hoc teams assembled around said epics.
• Refine, estimate, and decompose user stories into technical implementation tasks in close collaboration with your peers.
• Create quality documentation, including flowcharts, diagrams, and written documentation describing features and functionality.
• Ensure that coded features and functionality meet requirements, including those related to system performance, response, redundancy, security, metrics, and tracking.
• Maintain excellent test coverage for every piece of code you write.
• Participate in Crucible code reviews by offering insightful feedback and direction to your peers.
• Serve as an escalation target for production issues.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; 4 years of equivalent experience in lieu of a degree.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience as a lead web developer, software engineer or full stack developer, and with mastery of the common protocols, paradigms, patterns, and expertise in the following technologies:
• At least 5 years of demonstrable experience using Ruby on Rails.
• HTML5, CSS/LESS/SASS (Bonus points for React or Angular experience).
• RESTful API's
• Crucible, or similar code review and collaboration system.
• Git, Gitlab is a plus; Jenkins, Crucible, or similar tool is a plus.
• JIRA, or similar ticketing system.
• Experience in agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
• Experience deploying and maintaining production applications.
GTL, an innovation leader in correctional technology, education solutions that assist in rehabilitating inmates, and payment services solutions for government. GTL leads the fields of correctional technology, education, and government payment services with visionary solutions and customized products that integrate seamlessly to deliver security, financial value, and operational efficiencies while aiding inmate rehabilitation and reducing recidivism rates.
GTL is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.