Position: Software Engineer
Location: Herndon, VA
Clearance Requirement: Secret Required; TS/SCI Preferred
At Endoxa, we believe in the transformative power of well-written software and enterprise engineering solutions. As a member of our team, you ll join a group of talented technologists that thrive on weighty challenges, are experts in their field, and who care deeply about delivering meaningful results.
We are searching for an experienced software engineer to help us deliver a modern scalable open-source petabyte scale clustered file system to the United States Air Force. It is a DevOps solution based on Puppet and Ansible, deployment on a cluster of Red Hat Linux servers, a clustered Enterprise Integration Patterns framework based on Apache Karaf, Apache Camel, and Apache Cellar operating in conjunction with a cluster of Wildfly Java EE 7 application servers.
What you ll do
- Duties include development of new software and integration of existing open-source and commercial software for the provisioning, monitoring and management of distributed high-performance storage and processing cloud.
- Development and integration tasks will span from low-level integration with operating system and application features using C, Python, Ruby, BASH to desktop level monitoring and management tools written in Java.
- Support system deployments at customer locations. Install and configure software.
- Integrate with enterprise services (such as authentication, NTP, DNS, HBSS) and other external systems.
- Support system testing.
You d be a great fit if
- BS with 8+ years of experience.
- 2+ years of experience with basic Linux operating system administration (CentOS/RHEL preferred).
- 2+ years of current Java 1.7/1.8 experience with a depth and breadth of knowledge to include experience with concurrency, generics, functional interfaces, lamdas, and I/O subsystems.
- 2+ years of current Java EE 6 or Java EE 7 knowledge with hands on experience deploying to JBoss/Wildfly containers. Depth and breadth of knowledge to include correct use of annotations for CDI, EJB, JPA, JMS.
It d be even better if you...
- Polyglot programming and scripting skills comprising of at least two of Java/Groovy, Python, Ruby, Bash with prior experience utilizing these for system and task automation.
- Fundamental software engineering life-cycle experience. Analysis, design, development, debugging, deployment, automated testing.
- Experience creating and converting applications into containers.
- Security+ or comparable DoD8570 certification.
What you will receive
- Competitive salary and bonus opportunities
- 20 days PTO; 10 Paid Federal holidays
- 100% paid healthcare
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with matching and immediate vesting