Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Software Engineer – Simulation & Training Solutions (STS) to join our team in Sterling, VA (2300). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This software engineering position is within the Simulation & Training Solutions (STS) business area. STS develops and builds simulators and training systems for both military and commercial customers. Devices range in complexity from desktop training all the way up to high fidelity weapon system and full-flight training systems including full visual, motion, and simulator interoperability (HLA/DIS).
* Capture and analyze customer requirements; derive product requirements.
* Develop detailed software designs and specifications.
* Modify/create engineering design documentation.
* Review and critique peer engineering designs
* Present design to the customer during milestone events
* Provide accurate time estimates for the software development effort.
* Debug and integrate software components.
* Design, develop, implement, test, and debug real time software applications and associated user interfaces
* Support and enhance existing software products as necessary
* Collaborate with software engineers, testers, hardware engineers, and project management
* May develop engineering estimates for Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) and Bid proposals, using enterprise estimation tools.
Software development areas may include
* Simulation framework (schedulers, computer hardware interfaces)
* Input / Output (I/O) (e.g. serial, Ethernet, MIL-1553, ARINC-429, analog/digital)
* Network architecture
* Aircraft system simulation
* Environment simulation (e.g. radio facilities, atmosphere, radio traffic, external entities)
* Graphical user interfaces
Come be part of a team building a multi-million dollar flight simulator. Our team is looking for self-motivated, confident and passionate engineers to help us create advanced aircraft simulation and training devices and products for both military and commercial customers.
Must Have Requirements:
* A Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related STEM degree.
* 5+ years of experience with full lifecycle software development, including:
-Requirements analysis and deriving requirements
-Object-Oriented Design using UML or SysML
-Object-Oriented Development using C++
-Source code control (Subversion, Git, ClearCase etc.)
* Ability to read and understand legacy C code and refactor for integration with new architecture using C++.
* U.S. citizenship
* Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
* Ability to Travel to Customer Site for debugging of issues (10-15% of the total project effort)
* Visual Studio 2015
* Real-time programming
* DOORS or Jama for requirements management
* Familiarity with embedded systems and programming
* Previous Aircraft Simulation Software Development
This position requires good oral and written communication skills, strong teamwork skills, and the desire to participate on a results-oriented team of Systems, Hardware and Software Engineers.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
22640 Davis Dr. Sterling, VA, 20164