United States of America Location:
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
We are currently searching for aSenior Software Engineer
- to join our Virtual Avionics Engineering team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Job Summary
The Collins Aerospace, Simulation and Training Systems, Virtual Avionics Engineering group in Cedar Rapids, IA is expanding due to an increased demand for avionics training software derived from rehosted or retargeted avionics operational flight programs in both commercial and military applications.
This position supports training devices, software, and systems from moderate to high complexity while leveraging the latest in PC computing, gaming and display technologies for use in training and familiarizing flight crews and ground crews in the use of Collins avionics systems.
This position is primarily responsible for performing Software Engineering and Software Project Engineering tasks including but not limited to leading, performing, and assisting business pursuits, requirements capture, bidding, project planning, project execution, cost account management, earned value cadence reporting, and systems-software troubleshooting. This position is also the primary technical liaison between management, engineering and the customer.
We are looking for a self-directed, self-motivated individual with the ability to lead and contribute with minimal oversight. The successful candidate must exercise good judgement and insight in identifying objectives and determining approaches to assigned tasks in a fast-paced environment, be proficient at planning and reporting to management and peers, comfortable mentoring and leading, and good at enlisting and working with teammates and customers. Job Responsibilities
Work with management, engineering and customers to identify and capture training requirements and then flow out to the team.
- Collaborate with avionics target teams to identify their program schedules, dependencies and risks.
- Bid, plan, schedule, execute and report projects in accordance with Collins Decision Point process.
- Provide technical analysis and direction, and lead software and systems engineers in project execution and scope management in accordance with tailored Collins Technical Consistent Process.
- Assist teammates and customers in troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving avionics systems questions and training software issues on COTS PCs running in Collins simulation environments.
- Releases, installs, operates and tracks training device and software development while supporting and maintaining documents, methods, and procedures necessary to perform these activities.
- Assist in building and improving the engineering development process and product quality by identifying deficiencies, creating corrective actions, and improving engineering practices.
- Plans, prepares and supports customer delivery, installation, and acceptance and integration testing.
- Conducts systems analysis and documents requirements, risks, and test plans and procedures.
- Effectively interacts and networks with teammates, management and customers across project, department, enterprise and company boundaries.
- Will represent the organization as a primary contact and liaison for technical customer support.
- May require domestic and international travel to support requirements, pursuits, demonstrations and product integration.
Highly Desirable Qualifications:
Bachelor degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) disciplines with at least 5 years of experience.
- Master degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) disciplines with at least 3 years of experience.
- Experienced at bidding, planning, executing and leading complex avionics engineering projects.
- Proficient in reading and writing English
- Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship or US Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Experience with Collins simulation environments like VISTA, CSE, CORESIM, and/or ABLE.
- Experience with Collins Pro Line 4, 21, Fusion, CAAS and/or Flight2 real-time avionics systems.
- Experience with systems-software project leadership, development and technical customer support.
- Familiar with rehosting (aka retargeting) real-time applications into simulation environments.
Click on thislink
to read the Policy and Terms