Senior Software Engineer / Application Systems Engineer
Are you interested in working for the award-winning Alameda County IT Department? Do you have a minimum of two to five years of recent solid experience with developing .NET applications? Are you able to effectively work with users to understand their business requirements and then design and build applications to meet their business needs? Are you flexible to work in dynamic environments and willing to learn new technologies? This is an opportunity for you to have hands-on involvement in developing enterprise applications through all phases of a project on various platforms. This includes acting as a technical lead on small projects, a team member on larger projects, and being able to work independently as required.
Take a look at who we are:
Alameda County is looking for an Application Software Engineer II to join our team and provide development and support of current large-scale applications, development of new complex systems, and assist with the architecture of business solutions. You must be able to communicate with managers, peers, and customers in a team environment to achieve results. Knowledge of project methodologies, systems analysis, and design, relational databases, (SQL Server or DB2), data warehouse concepts and design, data integration, will help assure your success. DevOps and Cloud computing is desirable.
Salary: $116,313.60-$147,742.40 annually
Job Classification Title: Application Systems Engineer II
- Develop and maintain applications conforming to the standards.
- Perform troubleshooting and fixes to support issues and provide timely status updates to stakeholders.
- Analyze and design software solutions that utilize existing and new technologies, programming techniques.
- Design and develop reliable and scalable architecture using design patterns, coding standards, test practices.
- Prepare and execute the testing to ensure the application/solution is aligning with the requirements.
- Interact with other stakeholders and ITD personnel regarding project schedule, design specifications, coordinate testing, oversee release management, and other matters as required.
- Work independently on the deliverables with minimal or no guidance.
- Prepare project documentation, test plans, and training materials as needed.
- Able to analyze and support any vendor-provided software.
- Provide technical support to users, other functions for better customer support.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum two years experience in .NET application development plus a Bachelor s degree with a major in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field
- Five years experience in .NET application development.
- Expert level skills in .NET Applications development in C#, MVC, Entity Framework / any similar ORM framework.
- Experience working with RDBMS, preferably SQL Server.
- Strong object-oriented design skills with excellent knowledge/usage of Design patterns.
- Experience working with various tools such as Microsoft Office, Project, Source versioning tools (Git/TFS/Subversion).
- Strong passion for learning new technologies and developing proof-of-concept.
- Willing and eager to adapt to new tools and processes.
- Keeping abreast of technology trends and practices.
- Work experience with any Third-party libraries, such as Telerik.
- Experience in Cloud-based Environment such as AWS, Azure
- Experience in integration/development with Salesforce.com
- Experience in building Service-Oriented Applications.
- Prior experience in ColdFusion and/or OpenText.
- Prior experience in DevOps, Automated Testing tools
- Analyze complex business systems.
- Re-engineering and/or upgrading legacy systems.
- Gather and analyze data, draw sound conclusions, provide concise reports and make presentations.
- Mentor the junior developers.
- Communicate verbally and written with the various levels in the organization including the ability to communicate technical concepts to business users.
- Create project plans with time, resource and costs requirements.
- Manage small development projects.