Position at NICE
Are you an experienced Software Developer specializing in full stack browser based web applications and looking for a cool opportunity to have real impact in a leading technology company?
NICE is the world's leading provider of both cloud and on premise enterprise software solutions that empower organizations to make smarter decisions based on advanced analytics of structured and unstructured data.
Nexidia, a NICE Analytics Company, is the developer and provider of the most effective technology for phonetic and transcription based audio and video search. As part of the NICE family, Nexidia offers its team members the chance to be part of an innovative, friendly, collaborative and rewarding environment that offers abundant opportunity for professional and personal growth in this exciting space. Who you are:
A highly motivated, skilled, and experienced Full-stack Microsoft software developer with an emphasis on SPA web development. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about full stack web applications, using Angular on the front-end and C#.NET on the back-end. The ideal candidate is familiar with REST service architecture, server-side application frameworks like ASP.NET, Windows services, ORM frameworks and other server-side technologies that support web applications. We are looking someone who is passionate about customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate is someone with good time-management skills, maturity, and patience for changing priorities. A strong team-focused worked work-ethic and strong experience working on projects in an agile SCRUM methodology is also necessary. Duties and Responsibilities
Required Skills and Traits
- Develop new full-stack web-based products and solutions as part of ongoing green-field development projects.
- Maintain and improve web-based customer-facing applications supported by C#.Net APIs and services.
- Develops unit, integration, and automation tests for completed User Stories and Defects.
- Participates in agile ceremonies, including grooming and sizing User Stories.
- Perform code-reviews and do QA acceptance of other developer stories and defects.
- Periodic participation in on-call support rotation (for additional compensation).
- Handle tier-4 customer support escalations as necessary.
- Mastery of full-stack development using Microsoft C# .NET
- Strong web-development expertise using Angular.
- Strong time-management and multi-tasking skills
- Understanding of relational database concepts including theory, table design, normalization, testing, stored procedure, security, and performance tuning
- Complete understanding of agile scrum methodologies and best-practices
- Self-driven and a fast learner
- Experience maintaining and safely re-factoring legacy software is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Honest, ethical, reliable, and collaborative
- Ability to take responsibility for deliverables, own quality, and actively lead medium-sized efforts.
- Ability to, without assistance, develop n-tier client-server applications that use web server, application server and database engine architectures.
- Experience hosting server-side applications in mixed cloud\ on-premises model is a plus.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years of strong Object -oriented design and programming experience
- At least the 3 of the last 5 years using Microsoft C#.NET
- 3+ years working with Microsoft SQL server or similar database technologies
- At least 2+ years using Angular.
- 1+ recent years of experience working in an agile scrum team
- 1+ years' experience working on large-scale multi-team projects
- 2+ years of experience with MS SQL Server is strongly desired.
- Experience with nunit and TDD is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with data-warehousing and ETL processes is desired.
- Experience with an agile-planning tool is expected; Jira experience being a plus.
- Previous experience in a senior or lead developer role.
- Experience working in a remote setting is preferred.
- Experience with Elastisearch or RabitMQ a plus.
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or similar field is preferred but not required.
- Alternatively, candidates with significant experience and a proven history of success as senior\lead software developers regardless of formal education.
Our product supports many Fortune 100 companies at enterprise scale and our challenges grow every day! This is exciting technology in an exciting space, and we want YOU to come join us on this adventure. If you want to grow and contribute in ways you didn't expect, contact us today and see what matters. OTHER FACTS: What we're like
NICE-Nexidia values diversity, curiosity, and collaboration. Employees from all experience levels and backgrounds are intermingled and encouraged to learn about each other's projects. Our offices foster teamwork as well as self-motivation, with a healthy dose of fun thrown in. Where you'll be
NICE-Nexidia seeks candidates authorized to work in the United States. This role will be based out of NICE-Nexidia's Atlanta, GA location. Candidates should anticipate little to no travel. In response to the covid pandemic, Nexidia is currently working in a fully remote at-home model. This condition will likely continue into at least the second half of the year. Towards the end of the year we may return to working in the office, at least part-time. While we would prefer a local Atlanta candidate who can come into the office at least a few days per week, we are willing to consider fully remote employees as well. What you'll make
NICE-Nexidia believes that a successful, thriving company starts with happy, satisfied employees. We are prepared to offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package for the ideal candidate. Salary will be based upon demonstrated skill, general development experience, and previous experience.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.