Senior Software Engineer (.Net) Location:
Herndon, VA Exostar - The Company:
Exostar - The Employer:
- We re a solid company founded in 2000 and still quickly growing
- We have won multiple industry awards serving fast-growth industries with emergent technology
Your day, if you join us:
- We believe in employee development: we promote internally and provide training and educational assistance
- We provide a fun, engaged workplace, with monthly social and community-building events
- We offer comprehensive benefits and PTO plans, including a holiday break between Christmas and New Year s Day
You meet our must haves for this role if:
- Carrying out analysis, design, development, and delivery of custom-built user interfaces, data models, application pages, web services, dashboards, and reports.
- Developing custom enterprise applications in Visual Studio using C# to address business needs.
- Developing integration layers to back-end databases, remote web services, and other data sources.
- Supporting and taking ownership of existing applications, both from a development and deployment perspective.
- Interacting with business users and product owners to establish/clarify their requirements and develop application specifications.
You re exactly who we re looking for if:
- You have a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics.
- You have 10+ years of experience, as a .NET Developer, in building, debugging and maintaining mission critical enterprise applications using Microsoft technology stack
- You are a US person (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident) this is a requirement due to ITAR regulations
- You have a solid grasp of object oriented development and design principles
- You have demonstrated the ability to translate business requirements and processes into effective .NET solutions
- You have hands-on experience designing and consuming Web Services, SOAP and REST based services.
- You have strong SQL development skills, experience with SQL Server. Experience developing data access layer components using ADO.NET and Entity Framework.
- You have a working knowledge of Active Directory and IIS management and configuration.
- You have excellent problem solving and coding/debugging/rapid prototyping skills.
- You have knowledge of database modeling and data structure principles, techniques and best practices.
- You have the ability to grow and learn in a fast paced environment
- You have the ability to prioritize and plan your own tasks and estimate the level of effort for assigned tasks.
- You have thought leadership around complex problems and the ability to present complex analysis in understandable formats to non-analysts and non-technical resources.
- You have an Understanding of multi-tier, highly available, multi-threaded, scalable architectures for large-scale web-based services.
- You are a US person this is a requirement due to ITAR regulations
- You can handle concurrent or multiple tasks/projects efficiently.
- You have highly developed oral and written communication skills.
- You have knowledge of content management, document management, and enterprise social networking.
- You have working knowledge of Azure Cloud Services development and integration.
- You have working knowledge of SSRS and PowerBI report development and integration a plus.
- You are familiar with identity federation and single sign-on standards and technologies.
- You have experience in business to business environments.
Exostar s cloud-based, innovative solutions promote secure business collaboration within and between organizations in highly-regulated industries, including aerospace and defense and life sciences. Exostar s identity and access management platform, serves as the foundation for its credentialing, risk management, enterprise collaboration, and supply chain collaboration solutions.
The Exostar collect once, connect once, certify once methodology and web-based single sign-on access allow organizations and individuals to engage with one another quickly, seamlessly, and productively. The solutions security and certifications mitigate risk, protect sensitive data and intellectual property, and meet industry and regulatory compliance directives.
Over 150,000 aerospace, defense, and life sciences organizations in more than 150 countries worldwide belong to the Exostar community.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Herndon, VA, Exostar s notable customers include Amgen, AstraZeneca, BAE Systems, Bell Helicopter, Boeing, Computer Sciences Corporation, Fujitsu, Huntington Ingalls Industries, Lockheed Martin, Merck, Northrop Grumman, Pfizer, Raytheon, Rolls-Royce, United Technologies Corporation (UTC), and the UK Ministry of Defence. Exostar is an Equal Employment Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or genetic information. Exostar is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons in all facets of employment including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, training, benefits, transfers and working conditions.