Senior Software Engineer (.Net)Location:
Herndon, VAExostar - The Company:
Exostar - The Employer:
- We’re a solid company founded in 2000 and still quickly growing
- We have won multiple industry awards serving fast-growth industries with emergent technology
Your day, if you join us:
- We believe in employee development: we promote internally and provide training and educational assistance
- We provide a fun, engaged workplace, with monthly social and community-building events
- We offer comprehensive benefits and PTO plans, including a holiday break between Christmas and New Year’s Day
You meet our “must haves” for this role if:
- Carrying out analysis, design, development, and delivery of custom-built user interfaces, data models, application pages, web services, dashboards, and reports.
- Developing custom enterprise applications in Visual Studio using C# to address business needs.
- Developing integration layers to back-end databases, remote web services, and other data sources.
- Supporting and taking ownership of existing applications, both from a development and deployment perspective.
- Interacting with business users and product owners to establish/clarify their requirements and develop application specifications.
You’re exactly who we’re looking for if:
- You have a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics.
- You have 10+ years of experience, as a .NET Developer, in building, debugging and maintaining mission critical enterprise applications using Microsoft technology stack
- You are a US person (Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. or US Permanent Resident)—this is a requirement due to ITAR regulations
- You have a solid grasp of object oriented development and design principles
- You have demonstrated the ability to translate business requirements and processes into effective technology solutions
- You have hands-on experience designing and consuming Web Services, SOAP and REST based services.
- You have strong SQL development skills, experience with SQL Server. Experience developing data access layer components using Entity Framework or other ORM tools.
- You have a working knowledge of Active Directory and IIS management and configuration.
- You have excellent problem solving and coding/debugging/rapid prototyping skills.
- You have knowledge of database modeling and data structure principles, techniques and best practices.
- You have a working knowledge of DevOps and deployment using containers.
- You have a working knowledge of Cloud Services such as Azure Services and AWS
- You have the ability to grow and learn in a fast paced environment
- You have the ability to prioritize and plan your own tasks and estimate the level of effort for assigned tasks.
- You have thought leadership around complex problems and the ability to present complex analysis in understandable formats to non-analysts and non-technical resources.
- You have an Understanding of multi-tier, highly available, multi-threaded, scalable architectures for large-scale web-based services.
- You can handle concurrent or multiple tasks/projects efficiently.
- You have highly developed oral and written communication skills.
- You have knowledge of content management, document management, and enterprise social networking.
- You have working knowledge of Azure Cloud Services development and integration.
- You have working knowledge of SSRS and PowerBI report development and integration a plus.
- You are familiar with identity federation and single sign-on standards and technologies.
- You have experience in business to business environments.
Exostar’s cloud-based, innovative solutions promote secure business collaboration within and between organizations in highly-regulated industries, including aerospace and defense and life sciences. Exostar’s identity and access management platform, serves as the foundation for its credentialing, risk management, enterprise collaboration, and supply chain collaboration solutions.
The Exostar “collect once, connect once, certify once” methodology and web-based single sign-on access allow organizations and individuals to engage with one another quickly, seamlessly, and productively. The solutions’ security and certifications mitigate risk, protect